RR: Politically Incorrect



G

Gman

Guest
As many of you know, Hulls Gulch is pretty much synonymous
w/ Boise mountain biking. More people know the name and
location of Hulls than any other trail here.

Despite the fact the trail is so popular, it's a boss trail.
Beautifully crafted singletrack etched into the side of a
gully with a few technical rocks and a little exposure
thrown in for fun. PLUS in the Spring, there is a creek
running in the gully. Right now there are 3 or 4 small
waterfall spots that are straight out of Outside Magazine.

The trick is finding the trail unoccupied. With the
semi-inclement weather the last few days (we've gone from
sunny 70s to blustery 40s and 50s for a bit), I've had the
good fortune of riding Hulls Gulch by myself.

One particular evening on the way down headed for a barley
pop, with the ACS Claw buzzing, the Surly slippin' thru the
rocks and the light gurgle of the stream on my left, I
thought, "This trail is tits!"

Yes, I know, that's not really appropriate, and I apologize,
but it's the only thing that properly captured how I was
feeling. There are some things I like doing as much as
mountain biking, however at that particular moment it was a
toss up! =)

Gman (OK, let's hear it Penny) :)
 
M

Monique Y. Mudama

Guest
On 2005-03-20, Gman penned:
>
> One particular evening on the way down headed for a barley pop, with the ACS
> Claw buzzing, the Surly slippin' thru the rocks and the light gurgle of the
> stream on my left, I thought, "This trail is tits!"


I've never heard that expression. It sounds weird. It would sound more
familiar if maybe you inserted "the", as in "is the tits!" ... no, maybe it
wouldn't. That's just weird. Is it a Boise thing?

But glad you enjoyed it, assuming that's what it means.

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain
 
S

small change

Guest
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2005-03-20, Gman penned:
>>
>> One particular evening on the way down headed for a barley pop, with
>> the ACS Claw buzzing, the Surly slippin' thru the rocks and the
>> light gurgle of the stream on my left, I thought, "This trail is
>> tits!"

>
> I've never heard that expression. It sounds weird. It would sound
> more familiar if maybe you inserted "the", as in "is the tits!" ...
> no, maybe it wouldn't. That's just weird. Is it a Boise thing?
>
> But glad you enjoyed it, assuming that's what it means.


it's a guy thing. And why would I slam Gman? He's a guy after all. Guys +
anything to do with boobs = ;-)

The man's prayer: I'm a Man. I can change.
If I have to, I guess.

Penny
 
F

Fred Fragger

Guest
>"This trail is tits!"

I assume that means it's the "dogs bollocks" for those of us on the other
side of the pond?

Later,


Fred
 
M

Monique Y. Mudama

Guest
On 2005-03-20, small change penned:
> Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
>> On 2005-03-20, Gman penned:
>>>
>>> One particular evening on the way down headed for a barley pop, with the
>>> ACS Claw buzzing, the Surly slippin' thru the rocks and the light gurgle
>>> of the stream on my left, I thought, "This trail is tits!"

>>
>> I've never heard that expression. It sounds weird. It would sound more
>> familiar if maybe you inserted "the", as in "is the tits!" ... no, maybe
>> it wouldn't. That's just weird. Is it a Boise thing?
>>
>> But glad you enjoyed it, assuming that's what it means.

>
> it's a guy thing. And why would I slam Gman? He's a guy after all. Guys +
> anything to do with boobs = ;-)


Yeah, I checked with Eric and he said he's heard "it's the tits" before. Not
just "it's tits," though. I still reserve the right to call the lack of "the"
odd =P

Guys really amaze me. I've been down with bronchitis for a week now, feeling
awful, covered in phlegm, really disgusting. All I have to do is stand in
front of Eric, though, and he gets this big grin on his face, and his eyes are
focused on my, um, pecs. I can't decide if it's annoying or cute.

> The man's prayer: I'm a Man. I can change. If I have to, I guess.


Hrm, I've never heard the "I can change" part =P

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain
 
R

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
All I have to do is stand in
> front of Eric, though, and he gets this big grin on his face, and his eyes are
> focused on my, um, pecs.


That's probably not the only thing that get's big. ;)

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
 
M

Monique Y. Mudama

Guest
On 2005-03-20, Ride-A-Lot penned:
> Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
>> All I have to do is stand in front of Eric, though, and he gets this
>> big grin on his face, and his eyes are focused on my, um, pecs.

>
> That's probably not the only thing that get's big. ;)


!!

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain
 
S

small change

Guest
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2005-03-20, small change penned:

..
>>
>> it's a guy thing. And why would I slam Gman? He's a guy after all.
>> Guys + anything to do with boobs = ;-)

>
> Yeah, I checked with Eric and he said he's heard "it's the tits"
> before. Not just "it's tits," though. I still reserve the right to
> call the lack of "the" odd =P
>
> Guys really amaze me. I've been down with bronchitis for a week now,
> feeling awful, covered in phlegm, really disgusting. All I have to
> do is stand in front of Eric, though, and he gets this big grin on
> his face, and his eyes are focused on my, um, pecs. I can't decide
> if it's annoying or cute.
>
>> The man's prayer: I'm a Man. I can change. If I have to, I guess.

>
> Hrm, I've never heard the "I can change" part =P



I got it wrong. It should read
I'm a man. I can't help it. I can change, if I have to, I guess.

check your local pbs listings for Red Green.
 
J

John Harlow

Guest
> I got it wrong. It should read
> I'm a man. I can't help it. I can change, if I have to, I guess.


I'm a man. But I can change... if I have to... I guess.

http://www.redgreen.com/

The only real reason to have a TV.
 
M

Mian

Guest
poodles plums is my favourite. and yes, it should be "the tits" imho

"Fred Fragger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:wUj%[email protected]
> >"This trail is tits!"

>
> I assume that means it's the "dogs bollocks" for those of us on the other
> side of the pond?
>
> Later,
>
>
> Fred
>
>
 
T

TJ

Guest

>
> Guys really amaze me. I've been down with bronchitis for a week now,
> feeling
> awful, covered in phlegm, really disgusting. All I have to do is stand in
> front of Eric, though, and he gets this big grin on his face, and his eyes
> are
> focused on my, um, pecs. I can't decide if it's annoying or cute.
>

Try Mono at 33 for feeling crappy. I was off the bike for the last 3 weeks.
There is nothing like beautiful weather, and feeling crappy.

TJ
www.fatboy.s5.com
 
T

TJ

Guest
"Fred Fragger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:wUj%[email protected]
> >"This trail is tits!"

>
> I assume that means it's the "dogs bollocks" for those of us on the other
> side of the pond?
>
> Later,
>
>
> Fred
>

I have heard the "Mutts nuts" before.

TJ
 
S

small change

Guest
Mian wrote:
> poodles plums is my favourite. and yes, it should be "the tits" imho
>
> "Fred Fragger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:wUj%[email protected]
>>> "This trail is tits!"

>>
>> I assume that means it's the "dogs bollocks" for those of us on the
>> other side of the pond?
>>
>> Later,
>>
>>
>> Fred


does anyone know the history of why something going TU (Tits up) means that
something's gone bad? (broken down, fell apart etc)
Penny
 
S

S o r n i

Guest
small change wrote:

> does anyone know the history of why something going TU (Tits up)
> means that something's gone bad? (broken down, fell apart etc)


Probably just an expression like "DOA" or "six feet under" (?) -- as in,
that's how they bury people (and cows) -- tits up?

Now "head over heels" I've never understood...

/bs
 
M

Monique Y. Mudama

Guest
On 2005-03-21, TJ penned:
>
>>
>> Guys really amaze me. I've been down with bronchitis for a week now,
>> feeling awful, covered in phlegm, really disgusting. All I have to do is
>> stand in front of Eric, though, and he gets this big grin on his face, and
>> his eyes are focused on my, um, pecs. I can't decide if it's annoying or
>> cute.
>>

> Try Mono at 33 for feeling crappy. I was off the bike for the last 3 weeks.
> There is nothing like beautiful weather, and feeling crappy.
>


No, thanks, I'm miserable enough!

And confused. As I always do when I'm sick, I emailed my boss to let him know
every day. I even called and left a message on Friday. But he never answered
an email or phone call, which is highly unusual. I'm worried that he might be
annoyed at me, or something, but there was no way I should have been at work
last week.

I'm still feeling craptastic, but I'm going to work today to find out what's
up.

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain
 
R

Red_Ivan

Guest
>"This trail is tits!"

Perhaps its a Boise reference, but I also heard it a fair amount when
living in Vancouver (WA). A more curious phrase heard in Boise:
"floating on a cloud of t*tties."

Course that's probably more accurate post-ride down at Hyde park
sipping an adult beverage (it is hyde park, right? Lucky 13 pizza
maybe?)
 
C

Craig Brossman

Guest
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2005-03-21, TJ penned:
>
>>>Guys really amaze me. I've been down with bronchitis for a week now,
>>>feeling awful, covered in phlegm, really disgusting. All I have to do is
>>>stand in front of Eric, though, and he gets this big grin on his face, and
>>>his eyes are focused on my, um, pecs. I can't decide if it's annoying or
>>>cute.
>>>

>>
>>Try Mono at 33 for feeling crappy. I was off the bike for the last 3 weeks.
>>There is nothing like beautiful weather, and feeling crappy.
>>

>
>
> No, thanks, I'm miserable enough!
>
> And confused. As I always do when I'm sick, I emailed my boss to let him know
> every day. I even called and left a message on Friday. But he never answered
> an email or phone call, which is highly unusual. I'm worried that he might be
> annoyed at me, or something, but there was no way I should have been at work
> last week.
>
> I'm still feeling craptastic, but I'm going to work today to find out what's
> up.
>


Makes me think of that one scene in Jaws, where they are comparing scars.
I wish this was not true, and hope no one can to one-up me (for their
sake), try getting a severe attack of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) and
discovering you have it right when fall season hits Colorado in August.
Totally out of commission, barely able to walk up and down stairs until
January, taking steroids, chemo-therapy and anti-depresents, and still
feeling terrible.
Not too worry, I have over 300 road miles since then, and several mtn.
bike rides in. I still don't feel 100% and probably never will again,
but I can ride, at least a bit.
There is a bright side, I've just switched to another Dr. in GJ, so I'll
have to make a trip up there every 6 weeks, and of course the first
appointment is April 5, how convienent, I guess I'll have to stay for
the FFTF and write off the hotel and mileage.
As I always tell my son, everything always seems to work out, just be
patient and do the right thing!

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
remove "mydebt" to reply
 
M

MattB

Guest
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
<snip>
>
> Guys really amaze me. I've been down with bronchitis for a week now, feeling
> awful, covered in phlegm, really disgusting. All I have to do is stand in
> front of Eric, though, and he gets this big grin on his face, and his eyes are
> focused on my, um, pecs. I can't decide if it's annoying or cute.
>
>


We can be simple creatures, which can be good or bad.

My wife and I had a conversation about something similar recently. I've
been sick for three weeks too (Flu > sinus infection > nasty cough >
sinus infection again). The conversation turned to sex as it often does
between us and we noted something interesting.
It seems woman who's not feeling 100% will generally not be interested
in sex until she's all better: "How could I think about *that* when I'm
not totally well?". A man who's less than 100% (as long as it's not a
totally miserable condition) will think "Hey, maybe a little action will
make me feel better. Can't hurt anyway...".

Matt (I always heard it as "*the* tits" too
 
J

JD

Guest
GMan wrote:

> "This trail is tits!"



Sounds right to me. I've never heard something referred to as "the
tits". It's always been just "tits".

JD
 
S

S o r n i

Guest
MattB wrote:

> Matt (I always heard it as "*the* tits" too


OK, let's set this straight. In 197(before most of youse was born), I was
in a rock band, and the drummer -- who was great -- was this big fat guy
named Harold. (I had also worked at McDonald's with him, which has nothing
to do with anything but it's good to not come home covered in grease no
mo'.) He was one or two years older than I, which is substantial when
you're 15, so he made an impression on me.

ANYWAY, Harold had two expressions: "tits", and "rass blood clot". "Tits"
meant cool, neat, /excellent/; "rass blood clot" meant...well, I never
really knew, but it was sorta like "Oy vay" or "Oh, brother" or something
like that.

(Just Googled it, and it REALLY IS a Jamaican saying -- rather insulting,
apparently.)

So, in the northeast in the early '70s at least, the expression was "Tits"
and not "The tits".

Fascinatingly Yours, Bun-dresser Bill

(Mustard gun in right hand; ketchup in left. Won't tell you how I applied
the pickle!!!)