Scam Victims United exist?

Christopher Jor

Guest
This cracked me up! I got an e-mail from this address below:

Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 09:09:32 -0700 (PDT) From: usman lucky <[email protected]> Subject: i'm
interested in your bike To: [email protected] MIME-Version: 1.0

HI,  MY CLIENT IS INTERETSED IN THIS BIKE ,OFFERING TO PAY $4,000 IF THIS IS OK GET BACK TO ME, FOR
THE SHIPPING MY CLIENT SHIPPER WILL PICK IT UP FROM YOUR LOCATION. THANKS   I searched that
[email protected] and the yahoo and web searches both came up with Scam Victims United, then I
got the message 'page not found' when clicked. Hilareous that people on both ends of the spectrum
of buy/sell are so nieve to continue this. I see Nigeria written all over it and am beginning to
think Ebola is a good thing after all!

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, Ca.

On 3 Jun 2003 10:46:46 -0700, [email protected] (Christopher Jordan) wrote:

> I see Nigeria written all over it and am beginning to think Ebola is a good thing after all!

Then I daresay you know very little about Ebola.

Joao de Souza <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Christopher Jordan wrote:
> >
> > I searched that [email protected] and the yahoo and web searches both came up with Scam
> > Victims United, then I got the message 'page not found' when clicked.
>
> See below for a google cache (sorry for the long URL)
>
> http://216.239.33.100/search?q=cache:vhvhYuNsZeAJ:www.geocities.com/scamvictimsunited/WallOfShame-
> 5.html+nicoagency%40yahoo.com&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

*** AHA *** THANKS FOR THIS URL I copied it, highlighted the nicoagency@..... and sent as many
copies I could in an hour to that phony address. Might not do any good at all, but it might tie
up a few wires somewhere, and clutter up someone elses mailbox! I can only hope. If only
everyone did this.

Chris Jordan

Zippy the Pinhead <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On 3 Jun 2003 10:46:46 -0700, [email protected] (Christopher Jordan) wrote:
>
> > I see Nigeria written all over it and am beginning to think Ebola is a good thing after all!
>
> Then I daresay you know very little about Ebola.

KEY WORD= BEGINNING. That is quite obviously an uncontrolled problem not even Nigerians know how
to solve, but cannot be solved by spam, so is fair game when it comes to tongue-in-cheek
discussions on line.

Chris Jordan

The USA has a "task force" that sends in agents to other countries to hunt down and arrest and bring
to the USA anyone who commits fraud against American citizens. I wonder why the Nigerians are
running free.
-----------------------------
news:[email protected]...

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 20:05:27 +0200, "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Amazingly enough some poor dane managed to loose a small fortune this way some weeks ago.

I've always believed in the old saw that if it looks too good to be true, it generally is. Frankly,
I have limited sympathy for the victims of Nigerian scams, since to get caught you apparently need
to be both greedy and stupid.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

"Wile E. Coyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The USA has a "task force" that sends in agents to other countries to hunt down and arrest and
> bring to the USA anyone who commits fraud against American citizens. I wonder why the Nigerians
> are running free.

Because in almost every case the scammers are from Europe and not Nigeria

Not sure about Europe but I know that U.S. task force pulled off a series of raids on Canadian soil
(without) the Canadian government or R.C.M.P. being warned about these raids before they happened.
When one of the U.S.Marshals was asked "on camera" why Washington thought it had the right to arrest
Canadian citizens on Canadian soil, the reply was this puzzled looking U.S.cop in "John Wayne
mode"...saying any country who messes with America will be seeing us pretty soon smashing through
their door....ya just gotta love those American crime fighters don't ya.
-------------------------
"Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Wile E. Coyote" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > The USA has a "task force" that sends in agents to other countries to
hunt
> > down and arrest and bring to the USA anyone who commits fraud against American citizens. I
> > wonder why the Nigerians are running free.
>
> Because in almost every case the scammers are from Europe and not Nigeria

I think James Bond must have lost the battle against the mad criminal stribing for world dominance.
I would have preferred the guy living under the sea, though.

news:eek:[email protected]...