Schwinn Impact mountain bike

tashunkawitko

Oct 2, 2007
I have an old ass schwinn Impact mountain bike- purchased in 1988. I want to put a front suspension fork on it. Does anyone know what brands of fork I can put on this thing. The frame is sturdy and it runs like an old horse...so I kinda dont want to get rid of it.
thanks
Ben

tashunkawitko said:
I have an old ass schwinn Impact mountain bike- purchased in 1988. I want to put a front suspension fork on it. Does anyone know what brands of fork I can put on this thing. The frame is sturdy and it runs like an old horse...so I kinda dont want to get rid of it.
thanks
Ben
I think that you may have an issue with the head tube...it may not fit a standard 1 1/8" steerer tube...if not, then you may be able to fit a hybrid type fork (RST ?) that screws down into the head tube, but it may throw your head angle off...watch for over/under steer.

I'd just leave it as a rigid...its a great bike, and a suspension fork won't make that much difference...pick up a good used newer hardtail for a few $

JM01 said:
I think that you may have an issue with the head tube...it may not fit a standard 1 1/8" steerer tube...if not, then you may be able to fit a hybrid type fork (RST ?) that screws down into the head tube, but it may throw your head angle off...watch for over/under steer.

I'd just leave it as a rigid...its a great bike, and a suspension fork won't make that much difference...pick up a good used newer hardtail for a few $
+1.