Schwinn Rocket stage3 chain help

News.Xs4all.Nl

Guest
Hi Guys To cut a long story short, My bike had to have repairs done abroad whilst on a little
holiday, and the job wasn't great. I had a new cassette and front ring set put on, and a new chain.
Now I get 1 skip per 50 turns on a certain gearing, but i think it could be down to the pure shite
for a chain that is now on. I have a decent chain now, but do not know how many links it should have
( I dont think the shop checked, and just threw on some rubbish). Any help aprreciated: Model
Schwinn Rocket stage 3: year 2001

thanks

Dave

On Sun, 25 May 2003 22:46:38 +0200, "news.xs4all.nl" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi Guys To cut a long story short, My bike had to have repairs done abroad whilst on a little
>holiday, and the job wasn't great. I had a new cassette and front ring set put on, and a new chain.
>Now I get 1 skip per 50 turns on a certain gearing, but i think it could be down to the pure shite
>for a chain that is now on. I have a decent chain now, but do not know how many links it should
>have ( I dont think the shop checked, and just threw on some rubbish). Any help aprreciated: Model
>Schwinn Rocket stage 3: year 2001
>
>thanks
>
>Dave

I have a 2001 stage 3 as well and it would ghost shift sometimes when I was down around the 4th and
5th cog on the cassette. They come with the chain a little long. I cut the links down to 113 which
got rid of the chain rub in the granny gear combo. Also my cables where cut a little short which
caused some ghost shifting when the suspension was moving. I found going with a slightly longer
cable housing for the rear derailluer between the rear and front triangles helped. Also changing
the cables out often helps. Doing pretty much cut it ghost shifting out all together.

Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

"Bill Porter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 25 May 2003 22:46:38 +0200, "news.xs4all.nl" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Hi Guys To cut a long story short, My bike had to have repairs done abroad whilst
on
> >a little holiday, and the job wasn't great. I had a new cassette and
front
> >ring set put on, and a new chain. Now I get 1 skip per 50 turns on a
certain
> >gearing, but i think it could be down to the pure shite for a chain that
is
> >now on. I have a decent chain now, but do not know how many links it
should
> >have ( I dont think the shop checked, and just threw on some rubbish).
Any
> >help aprreciated: Model Schwinn Rocket stage 3: year 2001
> >
> >thanks
> >
> >Dave
> >
> I have a 2001 stage 3 as well and it would ghost shift sometimes when I was down around the 4th
> and 5th cog on the cassette. They come with the chain a little long. I cut the links down to 113
> which got rid of the chain rub in the granny gear combo. Also my cables where cut a little short
> which caused some ghost shifting when the suspension was moving. I found going with a slightly
> longer cable housing for the rear derailluer between the rear and front triangles helped. Also
> changing the cables out often helps. Doing pretty much cut it ghost shifting out all together.
>
> Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

thanks for the replies guys. Will get it dome tommorrow

dave