Sensitive Shaving Question for the Ladies

Originally posted by Susan Repp
Now I have to admit I have done this to my kitty Sparky - hold it now - he was "under" whilst they mutilated him to become the latest in cat vogue .. the look is actually called "The Lion Look"!! I truelly believe my cat hated his new "do" cos he wasn't quite "himself" for weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll give you the "Lion look", grrrooowwwwlllll !!!! :D

O.K. Sparky's has gonnun dunnit .. he's goin' dowwwwwwwnnnn! It is 4a.m. and I am in the land of nod and I am suddenly awaken by .. aaaak, aakkkkk, blurrrrp, gurgle, aakkkkkkkkkk - gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak! No " " needed as it is a cat right!?!? Sssssssssssoooooooooo even though I do get up a 4.30 the crack of bloody dawn it is very, very enoying to hear that noise (all cat owners know this) just before awakening and wondering if you are going to plant your toes in something squijjiii and warm or you might roll over and lay face down in something!!!!!!!!!! Uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Usually, Sparky goes sailing when I shove (not shave) him off the bed at that time .. today, last night .. oh, whatever time it was .. he jumped off the bed before I could launch him (he knows me doesn't he ..)

Anyways, is this justification to shave my kitty from Persian to Lion in one fell swoop?!?!? (see above picture if you have forgotten).

O.K. Sparky's has gonnun dunnit .. he's goin' dowwwwwwwnnnn! It is 4a.m. and I am in the land of nod and I am suddenly awaken by .. aaaak, aakkkkk, blurrrrp, gurgle, aakkkkkkkkkk - gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak! No " " needed as it is a cat right!?!? Sssssssssssoooooooooo even though I do get up a 4.30 the crack of bloody dawn it is very, very enoying to hear that noise (all cat owners know this) just before awakening and wondering if you are going to plant your toes in something squijjiii and warm or you might roll over and lay face down in something!!!!!!!!!! Uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Usually, Sparky goes sailing when I shove (not shave) him off the bed at that time .. today, last night .. oh, whatever time it was .. he jumped off the bed before I could launch him (he knows me doesn't he ..)

Anyways, is this justification to shave my kitty from Persian to Lion in one fell swoop?!?!? (see above picture if you have forgotten) .. or should I try to understand and live with the barfing problems of an innocent cat.

Well, you think you've got it tough, I've got a 100 lb labrador and sometimes in the middle of the night I hear the same thing, only in a larger format! Now we haven't brought up pooches and their aerodnamic haircuts, But I have seen plenty of shaved dogs.

The forum is taking sooooooo long to download each page, I feel like I'm back on a 14000 baud modem. Discouraging...

Susan I have so much to tell, so much to ask.

Can you come and make a lion outta' the dog?

Originally posted by less'go
Well, you think you've got it tough, I've got a 100 lb labrador and sometimes in the middle of the night I hear the same thing, only in a larger format! Now we haven't brought up pooches and their aerodnamic haircuts, But I have seen plenty of shaved dogs.

The forum is taking sooooooo long to download each page, I feel like I'm back on a 14000 baud modem. Discouraging...

Susan I have so much to tell, so much to ask.

Can you come and make a lion outta' the dog?

Mmmmmmmmmmm a shaved labrador with the infamous "Lion" cut .. now that could stop traffic .. don't walk him/her out in public!!! Is that like making a mountain outta a mole hill? Would a lab that has a knockout poodle shave (you know the ones with bobbles around the ankles .. daft really) be called a "La Poo" by chance? I mean .. who wants to walk around with a dog looking like a cake decoration? I mean I shave my kitty (notice a good choice of word); but, I certainly don't parade around in a public place!

Yep, I am quite disgusted with these computers of late - I thought it was this government one that was at fault .. is it .. the Forum police? Da da da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Did you get my PM yesterday?

Well lil sis gotta go do my womanly duties, will be in the sand-box again soon ..:D

Originally posted by Ratty
It is a commonly accepted fact that many cyclists shave not only for the aesthetics, but also for some other very valid reasons.

How far up should I wax?

O.K. I finally did it! Yep, my Sparky now looks like the cats in this forum .. well maybe, urrr not quite, mmmmmmmmmmmm nope guess not!

O.K. yesterday I had had enough - my Sparky takes this cleaning business way too seriously and there are more and more fur ball episodes ..

Now this is not a job for one person and I will tell you why .. I got the electic shaver out, one pair of scissors and one mad cat. This cat has been bitten on the butt, run over by a car so is subsequently blind in one eye, has a crooked jaw and has ALL his claws .. now this is a ***** cat on a normal day; but, yesterday .. I am trying to hold him with one arm and shave with the other and Sparky is not amused! There is scratching, wailing, arms and legs flying everywhere, teeth gnawing (& that's just me), balls of fluff all over the damm kitchen .. is it worth it to wrestle with a 13lb Tazmanian devil to get that "Lion" look with no fur balls (looks more like a malting yak really)

To say the least I him 1/2 done and it is not a pretty sight :eek: so the tail is done and his back (Schnauzer cut) (don't spell check that one). Have I truelly gone too far?

Originally posted by less'go
Oh, Susan, you must be kidding?

Oh, IF only I was .. so just to get me back he slept on my pillow and head with his stubble .. and some say they are just cats?!?!? I think not! (psssssssssst he pees in my shower downstairs toooooo ... creepy)

Originally posted by Susan Repp
O.K. I finally did it! Yep, my Sparky now looks like the cats in this forum .. well maybe, urrr not quite, mmmmmmmmmmmm nope guess not!

O.K. yesterday I had had enough - my Sparky takes this cleaning business way too seriously and there are more and more fur ball episodes ..

Now this is not a job for one person and I will tell you why .. I got the electic shaver out, one pair of scissors and one mad cat. This cat has been bitten on the butt, run over by a car so is subsequently blind in one eye, has a crooked jaw and has ALL his claws .. now this is a ***** cat on a normal day; but, yesterday .. I am trying to hold him with one arm and shave with the other and Sparky is not amused! There is scratching, wailing, arms and legs flying everywhere, teeth gnawing (& that's just me), balls of fluff all over the damm kitchen .. is it worth it to wrestle with a 13lb Tazmanian devil to get that "Lion" look with no fur balls (looks more like a malting yak really)

To say the least I him 1/2 done and it is not a pretty sight :eek: so the tail is done and his back (Schnauzer cut) (don't spell check that one). Have I truelly gone too far?

Waaahhhaaaa haaa haaa. You're a scream. I gotta get me some wax and find me this gal. She's gonna have to use both those long legs to hold me down, but that Lion Wax has gotta come.

By the way, it's a fallacy that cyclists are renowned for their use of drugs. By the way, here's my dog. People say he looks just like me. . . :D

Haha I think I'm going to have to call the animal rights people on you :p.

Then again, I'm no better (see below)

I was sitting there enjoying my can of V, and he looked so jealous... so I gave him some. Well, a six pack if you must know. :p.

Originally posted by Ratty
Waaahhhaaaa haaa haaa. You're a scream. I gotta get me some wax and find me this gal. She's gonna have to use both those long legs to hold me down, but that Lion Wax has gotta come.

By the way, it's a fallacy that cyclists are renowned for their use of drugs. By the way, here's my dog. People say he looks just like me. . . :D

Oh, my giddy aunt .. what the HELL is that?!?!? That is NOT a DOG .. what sort of fiendish animal is that? LOL, LOL! Do you take it out in public and how far do you live from your neighbours? Mmmmmmmm yep, there is a definate resemblance .. what end though? That is bloody fabulous! I will now have to come up with the pics of Sparky who is strutting around the house like he is "someone" or is that "something"?!?!? Lucky he doesn't know what a mirror is!

Yep, Mr. Ratty I think I could get you in a few holds and pin ya, maybe not enough time to whip out the wax; but, that is where Gillette #1 comes in and goes to town .. Paris of course!

Gosh, have to look at that, that, that .. dog?

OK, all you bushwackers, I have a confession. Some years ago I was dating a hair stylist and we went scuba diving. She insisted on giving me a "trim" before we flew to Belize. Talk about a weird, once-in-a-lifetime experience. Standing on a chair, totally naked, with a woman wielding a pair of clippers around my crotch. :eek: Yikes! The things we do for love... lust :p actually.

Long Rider said:
OK, all you bushwackers, I have a confession. Some years ago I was dating a hair stylist and we went scuba diving. She insisted on giving me a "trim" before we flew to Belize. Talk about a weird, once-in-a-lifetime experience. Standing on a chair, totally naked, with a woman wielding a pair of clippers around my crotch. :eek: Yikes! The things we do for love... lust :p actually.

In addition to lust, there better have been some serious trust there.

[-a-lifetime experience. Standing on a chair, totally naked, with a woman wielding a pair of clippers around my crotch. :eek: Yikes! The things we do for love... lust :p actually.[/QUOTE]

So might have had to change your avitar to .. SHORT rider? :eek:

Susan Repp said:
[-a-lifetime experience. Standing on a chair, totally naked, with a woman wielding a pair of clippers around my crotch. :eek: Yikes! The things we do for love... lust :p actually.

So might have had to change your avitar to .. SHORT rider? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Ohhh, no no no noooo... I am still Long Rider on several dimensions, and don't you forget it! Heh Heh Heh! :D