Setting Clock Cateye Micro Wireless

Hi all,

I have my Cateye Micro Wireless cc-mc100w all set up except for the
clock. I have tried to decipher the manual, and I've tried every
possibility I can think of.

Can anyone walk me through the clock setting procedure? Thanks much,
Adam

[email protected] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have my Cateye Micro Wireless cc-mc100w all set up except for the
> clock. I have tried to decipher the manual, and I've tried every
> possibility I can think of.
>
> Can anyone walk me through the clock setting procedure? Thanks much,
> Adam

cateye.com download PDF manual and you will always have it

A. its in japanese graphics
have you visited the japanese historic map sites?
ion the enduro - when the number blinks - you press anothert button to
advance - then a third button to move the blinking on to the next
number: as hours minutes seconds year month day

Q. how can you tell that you're actually in the correct rolling
diameter?

http://www.cateye.com/en/pdfs/MC100Wv2ENG.pdf

mrbubl wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have my Cateye Micro Wireless cc-mc100w all set up except for the
> > clock. I have tried to decipher the manual, and I've tried every
> > possibility I can think of.
> >
> > Can anyone walk me through the clock setting procedure? Thanks much,
> > Adam
> >

> cateye.com download PDF manual and you will always have it

Hey everyone, I have the manual. My problem is that I am unable to
figure out what it is telling me to do regarding setting the clock.
Maybe someone could take a look at the pdf and clue me in? Thanks
again, Adam

In article <[email protected]>,
([email protected]) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have my Cateye Micro Wireless cc-mc100w all set up except for the
> clock. I have tried to decipher the manual, and I've tried every
> possibility I can think of.
>
> Can anyone walk me through the clock setting procedure? Thanks much,

The manual does indeed look like utter gibberish, but if it's anything
like other Cateye computers, you need to get it into time mode (I.e.
riding time) and press the "Set button". At which point one of the main
buttons advances the numbers and the other switches between hours and
minutes. Press "set" again to fix the time.

If my experience is in any way typical, however, the accuracy of said
clock is not high, and as I never use the clock function anyway, I
probably wouldn't bother.

Apparently Guy has now got a Brompton. I'd never have guessed.

> A. its in japanese graphics
> have you visited the japanese historic map sites?
> ion the enduro - when the number blinks - you press anothert button to
> advance - then a third button to move the blinking on to the next
> number: as hours minutes seconds year month day
>
> Q. how can you tell that you're actually in the correct rolling
> diameter?

Have you been getting errant max speed readings. About 50% of the time,
after my ride I get like a 87 mph number. It could be some electrical field
near my house or something, or a flaw in the computer. It's really not that
important, but it is odd.

no - my problem is i'm not smart enough to remember how or write the
porocedure down!
so far, my procedure to check on rolling distance eliminates the
rolling distance number which then - its repetitive!

[email protected] wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Dave Larrington wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> ([email protected]) wrote:
>> > Hi all,

> you need to get it into time mode (I.e.
>> riding time) and press the "Set button". At which point one of the
>> main ...

> say---if one presses the set button, does not the entire memory go
> blank?

I just did this and had similar difficulty...

press mode repeatedly until its in Time (Tm) mode
press set once (quickly, not holding)
press mode repeatedly until in Clock mode (mine shows "24h")
press start/stop to cycle through the settings (24hr, hours, minutes)
to change, press mode to cycle through the digits
press set to finish.

Hope this helps,

Roger

Crescentius Vespasianus wrote:
> > A. its in japanese graphics
> > have you visited the japanese historic map sites?
> > ion the enduro - when the number blinks - you press anothert button to
> > advance - then a third button to move the blinking on to the next
> > number: as hours minutes seconds year month day
> >
> > Q. how can you tell that you're actually in the correct rolling
> > diameter?

> Have you been getting errant max speed readings. About 50% of the time,
> after my ride I get like a 87 mph number. It could be some electrical field
> near my house or something, or a flaw in the computer. It's really not that
> important, but it is odd.

Same problem, with same computer. I e-mailed Cateye about it, and
their reply is that it's electrical interference, and that there's
nothing to be done.

I wrote.

> The manual does indeed look like utter gibberish, but if it's anything
> like other Cateye computers, you need to get it into time mode (I.e.
> riding time) and press the "Set button". At which point one of the main
> buttons advances the numbers and the other switches between hours and
> minutes. Press "set" again to fix the time.

Which is, of course, horse. You need to get it into "clock" mode before
pressing "set".

Soz.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Dave Larrington wrote:
> I wrote.
>
>> The manual does indeed look like utter gibberish, but if it's
>> anything like other Cateye computers, you need to get it into time
>> mode (I.e. riding time) and press the "Set button". At which point
>> one of the main buttons advances the numbers and the other switches
>> between hours and minutes. Press "set" again to fix the time.

> Which is, of course, horse. You need to get it into "clock" mode
> before pressing "set".

That's right except the Set button (on back of computer) won't do anything
if the computer is asleep in Clock mode. Wake it up by pressing Mode and
repeat until back round to Clock again, then press Set.

~PB

Thanks Roger Sacilotto. Your instructions worked perfectly and saved me a bunch of time. I was easily able to set the time of day on my Cateye Micro Wireless MC100.

"press mode repeatedly until its in Time (Tm) mode
press set once (quickly, not holding)
press mode repeatedly until in Clock mode (mine shows "24h")
press start/stop to cycle through the settings (24hr, hours, minutes)
to change, press mode to cycle through the digits
press set to finish."

After setting my Cateye, I decided to write instructions that are clear to me, so I don't need to figure out how to do it when I change batteries. I did my best to provide enough detail and I hope what I've written is accurate and helps others.

Set Up Cateye Micro Wireless MC100
Refer to the Owner’s Manual for description (location) of buttons. AC and Menu are on the back of the computer. Mode is at the bottom of the display of the computer. Start/Stop is at the back end of the computer below the display.

On some models, wheel circumference (A or B) and km/h or mph can only be set after holding AC (all clear), which resets everything to 0.

AC
Km/h or mph is set first followed by wheel circumference (two wheel sizes on one bike or different wheel size on each of two bikes).
After AC, Unlt and km/h or mph flashes
Press Mode to switch between km/h or mph
Press Menu to set km/h or mph.
Wheel circumference is displayed with the 1s digit flashing.
Refer to the chart in the Owner’s Manual or do a roll-out.
1. Press Mode to change the digit.
2. Press Start/Stop and the 10s digit flashes.
Repeat 1 & 2 to cycle through all 4 digits
Press Menu when the circumference is set.

After the computer has been inactive for a while, the display defaults to the time-of-day display.

Pressing Mode changes the display as follows:
1. Tm (Time)
2. Dst (Distance)
3. Av (Average Speed)
4. Mx (Maximum Speed)
5. Odo (Odometer)

Other Settings
Press Menu (Set on some models) down fully one time (do not hold it down) in any of the above 5 modes. The display shows Slct (Select).
Press Start/Stop to choose A or B wheel circumference
The current circumference is displayed in millimeters
Each press of Start/Stop alternates between A and B
Press Menu (Slct displays)
Press Mode (the A or B wheel circumference is displayed, depending on which was selected above)
Press Start/Stop (the1s digit flashes)
1. Press Mode to change the digit to the left
2. Press Start/Stop to display the next
Repeat 1 & 2 to cycle through all 4 digits
Press Mode: The display shows Slct (Select)
Press Start/Stop then Mode to set AT On or Off
Press Menu (Slct displays)
Press Mode and Clock mode displays (“24h” or “12”)
Press Start/Stop
Press mode to choose between 24 and 12 hour
Press Start/Stop (the hour digit flashes)
Press Mode to change the hour digit
Press Start/Stop (the minutes digits display)
Press Mode to change the minutes digits
Press Menu (Odo and Input displays)
Press Press Mode to change the hour digit
1. Start/Stop (the one mile digit flashes)
2. Press Mode to change the mile digit
Repeat 1 & 2 to cycle through all the digits to set the miles
Press Menu
Press Mode (km/h and mph display; the active measurement flashes)
Start/Stop to switch between km/h and mph
Press Menu to end the setup

After cycling to any of the 5 modes, the mode can be selectively entered by pressing Menu.
At each mode, its setting can be changed as described above