Shallow drop vs deep drop bars

Clyde

Guest
I realize that this is a very out-dated topic, since most bars today are anatomic, but I was
wondering if someone who has used both shallow and deep drop non-anatomic bars could compare the
hand position in the hooks using these bars. I have not used either. For someone with small hands,
would the hook position be more comfy with shallow or deep drop bars?

Thanks.

Clyde

"Clyde" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I realize that this is a very out-dated topic, since most bars today are anatomic, but I was
> wondering if someone who has used both shallow and deep drop non-anatomic bars could compare the
> hand position in the hooks using these bars. I have not used either. For someone with small hands,
> would the hook position be more comfy with shallow or deep drop bars?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Clyde

To the hand, the bigger the radius, the better. To the back and the rest of the body, depends on
which one suits you better. I know unless I get my bars up way high, the deep drop's not for me at
5'8", but I have several 6'+ friends that like their deep drop bars.

Mike

>I realize that this is a very out-dated topic, since most bars today are anatomic, but I was
>wondering if someone who has used both shallow and deep drop non-anatomic bars could compare the
>hand position in the hooks using these bars. I have not used either. For someone with small hands,
>would the hook position be more comfy with shallow or deep drop bars?

This has more to do with your flexibility than your hand size. Deep drop bars will put you
lower when you are on the drops. You can drop your bars a bit to see if the lower position
would work for you.
Alex