Shattering Bones

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tom Kunich, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Is it just my imagination and improved reporting on the sport or is there not a lot of breaking
    bones in the peloton this year?

    I wonder what could be causing this sort of thing? Change in training? Change in bicycles? Pushing
    to be in top shape too early in the year? Certainly the conditions in Australia aren't conducive to
    frozen roads causing riders to fall like tenpins.

    Tags:

  2. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    > Is it just my imagination and improved reporting on the sport or is there not a lot of breaking
    > bones in the peloton this year?
    >
    > I wonder what could be causing this sort of thing? Change in training? Change in bicycles? Pushing
    > to be in top shape too early in the year? Certainly the conditions in Australia aren't conducive
    > to frozen roads causing riders to fall like tenpins.

    Perhaps guys falling a lot is the cause of the broken bones?

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On 1/16/03 9:42 AM, in article
    [email protected], "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Is it just my imagination and improved reporting on the sport or is there not a lot of breaking
    > bones in the peloton this year?
    >
    > I wonder what could be causing this sort of thing? Change in training? Change in bicycles? Pushing
    > to be in top shape too early in the year? Certainly the conditions in Australia aren't conducive
    > to frozen roads causing riders to fall like tenpins.

    Calcium supplements w/epo (CostCo brand is cheapest...)

  4. Cycling Joe

    Cycling Joe Guest

    got milk?

    Tom Kunich wrote:

    >Is it just my imagination and improved reporting on the sport or is there not a lot of breaking
    >bones in the peloton this year?
    >
    >I wonder what could be causing this sort of thing? Change in training? Change in bicycles? Pushing
    >to be in top shape too early in the year? Certainly the conditions in Australia aren't conducive to
    >frozen roads causing riders to fall like tenpins.

  5. Comutrbob

    Comutrbob Guest

    >Is it just my imagination and improved reporting on the sport or is there not a lot of breaking
    >bones in the peloton this year?
    >
    >I wonder what could be causing this sort of thing?

    SUVs

    Bob C.

  6. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Tom
    Kunich) wrote:

    > Is it just my imagination and improved reporting on the sport or is there not a lot of breaking
    > bones in the peloton this year?
    >
    > I wonder what could be causing this sort of thing? Change in training? Change in bicycles? Pushing
    > to be in top shape too early in the year? Certainly the conditions in Australia aren't conducive
    > to frozen roads causing riders to fall like tenpins.

    Obviously, it's Clinton and other liberals causing of his ilk this.

    --
    tanx, Howard

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, k?

    For some people, quantity IS quality...

  7. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Stewart Fleming
    <[email protected]nz> wrote:

    > Howard Kveck wrote:
    >
    > > Obviously, it's Clinton and other liberals causing of his ilk this.
    >
    > Are you saying that was a milk stain on the blue dress?

    Are you saying that those guys are crashing on blue dresses?

    --

  8. Howard Kveck wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, Stewart Fleming
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Howard Kveck wrote:
    > >
    > > > Obviously, it's Clinton and other liberals causing of his ilk this.
    > >
    > > Are you saying that was a milk stain on the blue dress?
    >
    > Are you saying that those guys are crashing on blue dresses?
    >
    > -

    Well there was Sommerville and his DNA sample the other day so I thought they might be connected.
    With so many new Div 3 teams, I'm sure some of them will wear dresses.

  9. Howard Kveck

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Howard Kveck wrote:
    >
    > > In article <[email protected]>, Stewart Fleming
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > > Are you saying that was a milk stain on the blue dress?
    > >
    > > Are you saying that those guys are crashing on blue dresses?
    > >
    > > -
    >
    > Well there was Sommerville and his DNA sample the other day so I thought they might be connected.
    > With so many new Div 3 teams, I'm sure some of them will wear dresses.

    That phrase that Sommerville used did have a nice ring to it. Very descriptive. By the way, when I
    saw your reply to my original post, I had to laugh at myself. It sounded like I'd fired that through
    one of those Google translators. I guess I was suffering from psychosomatic lisdexia. It's not cause
    I got dain bramage or cause edjumucation weren't fer me...