Shimano A20 gear levers

archierob

Guest
Any one replaced the cable in one of these? Tried Googling but not a
lot of info. They are on my sons mountain bike. Any help appreciated -
but he will have to wait a while as I have just had eye op.

Cheers.

In article <%IlXi.12525$%[email protected]>, archierob
[email protected] says...
> Any one replaced the cable in one of these? Tried Googling but not a
> lot of info. They are on my sons mountain bike. Any help appreciated -
> but he will have to wait a while as I have just had eye op.

If it's like other similar levers you just click the bottom lever until
it doesn't go any more then thread the cable past the inside of the
levers - you should be able to see where the nipple locates.

"archierob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:%IlXi.12525$%[email protected]...
> Any one replaced the cable in one of these? Tried Googling but not a
> lot of info. They are on my sons mountain bike. Any help appreciated -
> but he will have to wait a while as I have just had eye op.

Have you tried the Shimano tech docs pages ?

http://techdocs.shimano.com/techdocs/index.jsp

I couldn't find "A20" there, but they might have instructions on how to
replace the cable for something similar enough.

HTH

Dave.

In article <[email protected]>, David Lowther wrote:
>"archierob" <[email protected]>
>> Any one replaced the cable in one of these? Tried Googling but not a
>> lot of info. They are on my sons mountain bike. Any help appreciated -
>> but he will have to wait a while as I have just had eye op.

>Have you tried the Shimano tech docs pages ?
>http://techdocs.shimano.com/techdocs/index.jsp
>I couldn't find "A20" there, but they might have instructions on how to
>replace the cable for something similar enough.

Part number is ST-AT20, but the search doesn't find anything for that,
it's probably too old. (At least assuming it's the same Altus A20
brake and gear levers one of my bikes has.)
Anyway, rear derailleur in high, front in low, and the cable end will
line up with a little hole in the side of the shifter, push the old
cable out through that, then the new one goes in the hole the old one
just came out of.

archierob, if that isn't enough, mail me when you've recovered from your
eye op, and I'll take some photos.