Shimano Deore brake pads?

The Fjonis

Mar 19, 2004
Hi!

The situation is this: the brake pads for my Shimano Deore Mech disc brakes are worn out, and need replacement. Which ones are best / last the longest? (I saw somewhere that the original Shimano brake pads get worn out very fast if employed in cold weather. I live in Norway, so I need some that can handle low temperatures as well)

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

I don't know about other brands of pads and their durability, but I got my Deore pads changed for free by my local bike shop. They said Shimano sent out a bulletin saying to replace any that wore too quickly. You might check with your LBS and see if that goes for Norway too. :)

Mine are not Deore but use the same pads, my Deore were worn about three months after I bought the bike. Bought other brand just to try and they are about three months old and are less then halfway worn. I can't remember the brand of those, the rears were half the price of the front ones and are better than the shimanos that came with the bike. I've heard good references of Koolstop, those are the next ones I'll try.