Shimano Deore brake problem ?!?!?

alexcoist

Oct 25, 2011
Hi everyone, first post here and relatively new to bike maintenance so take it easy on me!

I will try explain this properly but don't expect technical terms as I'm still new to all of this.

Basically by rear brake (Shimano Deore hydraulic) was sticking slightly so after reading that I would just have to undo a couple bolts, hold the brake and re-tighten i went ahead and managed to undo the wrong bolts, ending up with brake fluid dripping out.

So now after re-tightening those bolts my brake lever pulls all the way down to the handle and has no effect on stopping the wheel.

So after coming to the conclusion that I am a spanner I rang the bike shop and described what I did, they said i need a special tool to sort this out, is this true or are they just trying to squeeze me for more money?

Any help would be appreciated!

i have heard that hydraulic disc brakes are difficult to service,
take it to the shop and ask the mechanic to show you what is it that he is going to do,
it is always good to learn how to do it yourself,

this has been answered in the cycling forum section now. didn't realise this was in the wrong section until i had posted it.

thanks for the response though!