shimano flightdeck 7800 10speed?

pinoy

Jun 9, 2005
Hi there again folks, I did a search on this forum about this gadget and I only found the ones for the 6500 and 6600. Now my question is, " Is it worth the money?" How is the performance and is there any place I can get it cheaper aside from E-bay? I am planning to get one for my bike that has a 10speed cassette. Thanks again guys and gals:D .

As I keep on saying I am a "Born again rider" after being dormant for 6-7 years. Thanks.:)

pinoy said:
Hi there again folks, I did a search on this forum about this gadget and I only found the ones for the 6500 and 6600. Now my question is, " Is it worth the money?" How is the performance and is there any place I can get it cheaper aside from E-bay? I am planning to get one for my bike that has a 10speed cassette. Thanks again guys and gals:D .

As I keep on saying I am a "Born again rider" after being dormant for 6-7 years. Thanks.:)

Sorry to piggyback on your question, but the title "shimano flightdeck" is the same I would have used to pose this question.
How is it possible that my flightdeck can show speed but won't register mileage? This seems nuts to me. If it's recording one, why won't it show the other?

pinoy said:

Yes, the SC - 6502 Flightdeck computer is worth it. It can be programmed for 8,9, or 10 speed cassettes. When you change gears it will show you what gear your in - really nice! And the virtual cadence is nice too since it doesn't add extra wires. You can use one computer for up to 4 bikes. The computer also has a lap counter. If you don't need the gear displays then the Cateye Astrale 8 will do just fine.

After you reset everything with a push on both buttons at the same time, go to the distance display. Then click on you left or right button till the distance starts measuring while you're biking. I think this is how you start measuring distance.

I use mine with a Polar power output kit also.

Hey Pinoy - are you a Filipino? Where do you live? I'm a Filipino road biker living in Chicago, IL, USA.

Yup, I am a Filipino and presently living in the boondocks of Missouri. I,ve been here in the USA for almost 6yrs. now and working as a Physical Therapist in a community hospital. :D

Hey there fellow filipino's!! I posted the same question a bit lower down this forum. I live in San Jose, CA. A lot of pinoys out here. Are there a lot over there in Missouri and IL?

trijicon said:
Hey there fellow filipino's!! I posted the same question a bit lower down this forum. I live in San Jose, CA. A lot of pinoys out here. Are there a lot over there in Missouri and IL?

There are a lot of filipinos in Chicago. But I know of only 4 Filipino grocery stores here. I rarely see any filipino road bikers here at the Chicago Lakefront bike path except I see flip bikers at a road race.