Shimano NEXUS 7 speed shifter.

clare at snyder.on.ca

Guest
What shifter do I need for a 7 speed nexus hub? Will a Shimano 7 speed
index shifter do the job? I got a used wheel and hub with no shifter
and want to put it on a tandem 'bent project.

The nexus shifter that goes with the hub. They're sold separately. I
don't think anything else works.

http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/shimano-nexus.html#7

Rocky

Rocky escribió:
> The nexus shifter that goes with the hub. They're sold separately. I
> don't think anything else works.
>
> http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/shimano-nexus.html#7
>
> Rocky
>

> <clare at snyder.on.ca> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> What shifter do I need for a 7 speed nexus hub? Will a Shimano 7 speed
>> index shifter do the job? I got a used wheel and hub with no shifter
>> and want to put it on a tandem 'bent project.
>>
>> --

In each stroke, a nexus shifter moves nearly twice the amount of cable
than a normal shifter. So you always have to use a nexus shifter whith a
nexus hub.