Shoe Suggestions?

camhabib

Jul 14, 2005
Just picked up a pair of Shimano PD-6610 clipless pedals. I'm ready to stick them onto the bike but I'm waiting to get a pair of shoes. I went to a few LBS and they didn't have a good selection of shoes at all. I looked online and found the Shimano R098 shoes. Any comments on Shimano shoes in general or on these in particular? I'm usually around a 45 in shoes so should I get that or a size up or down? I know some companies have a tendency to run larger or smaller then most other brands. I found these for around $80 USD so if anyone else knows of another shoe at or around this price that may be a better quality, I'd love to hear about them. I found the Exustar Carbon Road Shoe for $80 (regularly $150) so I'm thinking about picking a pair of those up but again, not sure on quality and size. Thanks.

-Cameron

There have been hundreds of threads written about shoes, search the forum and you'll find everything you need to know.

I think Shimano are fairly regular in their length sizes, but I've found them quite narrow, and some models have come quite high up the back of the heel. Very uncomfortable, at least on my feet!

I wouldn't recommend buying something online unless you've managed to try them (or something very similar) on, unless you had a guarantee that you could return them. If your LBS doesn't have a great range, you might have to go down this route.