Slingshot Frame Wanted!!!!!

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by rhino, Mar 23, 2004.

  1. rhino

    rhino Guest

    Does anyone know of a slingshot MTB Frame still being ridden b
    someone, or even hanging in a garage. I am looking to rebuild a earl
    90's icon and need to track down a frame. Would also consider a roa
    version frame as well

    Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    -

    Tags:

  2. "rhino" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Does anyone know of a slingshot MTB Frame still being ridden by
    > someone, or even hanging in a garage. I am looking to rebuild a early
    > 90's icon and need to track down a frame. Would also consider a road
    > version frame as well.
    >
    > Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Went and had a look at their website. The idea seems pretty cool but $1300
    US for a frame only means I won't be getting one in a hurry. Anyone here
    ridden one?

    Fraser

  3. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    Fraser Johnston wrote:
    > "rhino" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Does anyone know of a slingshot MTB Frame still being ridden by
    >>someone, or even hanging in a garage. I am looking to rebuild a early
    >>90's icon and need to track down a frame. Would also consider a road
    >>version frame as well.
    >>
    >>Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    > Went and had a look at their website. The idea seems pretty cool but $1300
    > US for a frame only means I won't be getting one in a hurry. Anyone here
    > ridden one?
    >
    > Fraser

    Only for about 100m, but it felt very light, if somewhat flexy. Great
    for climbing, but my mental "jury" is still out vis a vis sprinting or
    descending.

    &roo

  4. "Fraser Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "rhino" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Does anyone know of a slingshot MTB Frame still being ridden by
    > > someone, or even hanging in a garage. I am looking to rebuild a early
    > > 90's icon and need to track down a frame. Would also consider a road
    > > version frame as well.
    > >
    > > Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    > Went and had a look at their website. The idea seems pretty cool but

    $1300
    > US for a frame only means I won't be getting one in a hurry. Anyone here
    > ridden one?

    Only for about a km. Everyone who I knew who had one, broke them (I knew of
    2, road/tri frames, would have to have been 10years ago?). Failure at the
    seattube/top tube join from memory. Both sold their replacement frames as
    soon as they came in.

  5. wassupdawg

    wassupdawg Guest

    Are these the frames that had a cable instead of a downtube? Weir
    stuff indeed

    -

  6. phamcam

    phamcam Guest

    rhino wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a slingshot MTB Frame still being ridden by
    > someone, or even hanging in a garage. I am looking to rebuild a early
    > 90's icon and need to track down a frame. Would also consider a road
    > version frame as well.
    > Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Have a look at ebay

    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3668891117&cat