....so I'm thinkin about buying a road bike....

I bought my first mountain bike nearly 10 years ago, a completely rigid GT. then I bought a front suspension Cannondale a few years later. did lots of riding and races. then, two years ago yesterday, I made the mistake of buying a road bike. I've been in the woods on my mountain bike once since february of 2001. the road rules!

I look forward to hearing how you like it. ;D

Welcome to the Dark Side.

Well, it's all who you know.

It'll be here tomorrow :)

Well it seems that MBC cannot get off her new bike to let us know how much she likes it..

I cannot blame her ;D

Mmm, I do agree with the waterproof bit though humans can spring leaks and let water in... It is often suggested that one closes one's mouth when cycling full tilt into a rain storm (yes yes, even if you do see Lance coming up the hill as fast as you are going down) as this is a common fault area in the human vessel...

Ahh, now why did I have to go and make a wise-crack. I'll probably be villified for my failure to add to constructive discussion. Time to go the full Roadie thing MTB-Chick and get an indoor trainer....

We're as excited about your new bike as you are. I think you're across the oceans from us here in SA, otherwise I'd have offered to ride with you.

May the clouds open up and dry up the road for you this weekend. ;D ;D

Congrats MTB! Keep in mind that, especially with the hard narrow tires, when then rain first begins the roads are slickest due to the oil and gasoline that is being washed off of the roadway. Leaning too hard into the turns on a newly wetted roadway can result in a quick surprise.

Not like I know from first hand experience or anything :eek: ::)

We're as excited about your new bike as you are.  I think you're across the oceans from us here in SA, otherwise I'd have offered to ride with you.

May the clouds open up and dry up the road for you this weekend. ;D ;D

Thank you - that's so nice :) You'll have to come here and visit!

and BD - yeah, that's why I'd like to try dry land first :)

Hmm, perhaps if our currency recovers abit. (More like a lot actually). Where do you live by the way?

Yup, the US$ is currenlty hovering between 10 & 11 to 1 against the Rand, so I'd have to save loads of cash to come and visit. Perhaps I'll just buy myself another bike. ;D ;D

Sweet bike (and kitty)!<br />I would get rid of the reflectors on the wheels tho...

[quote author=Vo2 link=board=20;threadid=1077;start=30#21247 date=1033044170]<br />Sweet bike (and kitty)!<br />I would get rid of the reflectors on the wheels tho...<br />[/quote]<br /><br />yeah yeah, they're off - the pic was before I'd ever ridden it :)<br /><br />The Kitty's name is Cadence. ;D<br /><br />(her sister is Velocity)

Those names are so original. You can always where someones priorities lay when they do stuff like that. Great looking bike too. Why does other peoples bikes always look better than your own even if you spend all your live savings on yours?

[quote author=Mampara link=board=20;threadid=1077;start=30#21266 date=1033111889]<br />Why does other peoples bikes always look better than your own even if you spend all your live savings on yours?<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Just cuz it's new and shiny.<br /><br />Everytime someone I know gets a new bike..... I WANT A NEW BIKE :)