Something a little different: What degree do you have?

serendipity said:
My parents keep telling me to stay in school!! Maybe they are right. Not only will it be harder to go back to school after taking a couple of years off, but you make a good point...Once I graduate from PA school or nursing school I should be making enough to pay back loans for both schools! I like that! No more living month to month. I'm looking forward to having enough money in the bank to go on a nice vacation (without having to stress about it the whole time). Alright, well I should probably go get started on those applications...whee!
Heed your parents advice. You wouldnt believe how many people in my PharmD classes are older, say 30+ (probably at least half the class), and how hard they said it was to get back into the swing of studying and homework, and balance it with daily life. Not something I would want to try to do myself, so I took some initiative and started on the PhD.

No kidding! I bombed out of college after two years - just wasn't motivated. Worked for two years, and got fed up with working with my hands and getting paid very little, and being treated like, well, like an almost minimum wage worker, which is to say with very little respect. Begged, borrowed and stole my way back into school. At that point, I was very motivated.

Hate to tell you this, but once out with a decent job, your worries don't really decrease. Before you know it, you've paid off a $20k student loan, but you've acquired a $150k mortgage, a $25k car, a $5k all Record bike, $12k gets mounded up on the Visa, and you're back to living month to month...

serendipity said:
My parents keep telling me to stay in school!! Maybe they are right. Not only will it be harder to go back to school after taking a couple of years off, but you make a good point...Once I graduate from PA school or nursing school I should be making enough to pay back loans for both schools! I like that! No more living month to month. I'm looking forward to having enough money in the bank to go on a nice vacation (without having to stress about it the whole time). Alright, well I should probably go get started on those applications...whee!

Intersting group here!

Way too much time in college and still don't know what I want to do when I grow up! BSEE, MA, and MBA.

Hmmmm ..... mayge it's time to open a bike shop and enjoy life?

:)

BS in Pharmacy

PharmD (from the days when there still was a BS in Pharmacy and the PharmD was optional and post BS).

RickF said:
BS in Pharmacy

PharmD (from the days when there still was a BS in Pharmacy and the PharmD was optional and post BS).
Nice to have a fellow pharmacist on board;)

JohnO said:
No kidding! I bombed out of college after two years - just wasn't motivated. Worked for two years, and got fed up with working with my hands and getting paid very little, and being treated like, well, like an almost minimum wage worker, which is to say with very little respect. Begged, borrowed and stole my way back into school. At that point, I was very motivated.

Hate to tell you this, but once out with a decent job, your worries don't really decrease. Before you know it, you've paid off a $20k student loan, but you've acquired a $150k mortgage, a $25k car, a $5k all Record bike, $12k gets mounded up on the Visa, and you're back to living month to month...
Not exactly what I want to hear! I'd much rather have you tell me that it all falls into place once you are in a set career path. But fantasy has now been destroyed! Thanks for bringing me back to reality. I do, however, already have the $22000 car to pay off and the $40000 loan repayment plan underway so not too much will change, huh!?!?

I'm already looking forward to it. As long as I can afford local triathlon registration fees and a gym membership I think I will be just fine. It's the little things, you know?!? The career is important, but everything else plays a major role too. Hey, at least you've got a nice bike!!

One more year for my B.A. for Biology, would do B.S. but I can't do calc to save my life.
After this, I hope to get into grad school and work on masters/phd.

jrstevens said:
LOL!! I am c) however I don't think I train as much as some of my undergraduate peers who are putting in 20+ hour weeks on the bike.

You do too much praying pal!

bookster said:
I have an electricians licence..... guess that doesn't really meet the criteria...
The professor of electrical engineering at UNSW rewired his own house.The council ordered the work removed.
He didn't have an electrician's licence!
:D :D :D

BSc Forestry with an Grad Dip in Mathematics and Modelling in progress.
Still love the sound of a tree crashing to the ground .

I have a BS in BS!

cucamelsmd15 said:
Me? Im currently finishing my Pharm D as well as Ph.D. I already have a BS Pharmaceutical sciences. The Ph.D is in Molecular Biology, and the Pharm D is obviously in pharmacy. So, how about everyone else? Chime in!

BS in Physical Science and MS in Education Administration and way too much in school loans:eek:

wiredued said:
Well if it makes you feel any better I'm a sparky too are we the only ones without a degree?:eek:

There's three of us now. I like being a sparky - the job is interesting and pays well. I'm glad I never ended up in some desk type job as I couldn't handle that.

OTOH it's not trendy - no-one makes TV programs about sparkys do they... (except those ones with the hidden camera in the house LOL)

I am finishing up my BA at Harvard. My emphasis is history and theology, and I am so close to being done. Not looking forward to moving back to the states though, not much cycling community or not near as many hills in michigan;) I love the climb.

BA Advertising

Michigan State University

I can't believe someone said degrees are not worth the paper they are printed on. Sure is a hell of a lot easier to get a job with one. So they must be worth something.

Working on a BS in Mechanical Engineering.

i hate it though. Im in my third year, and i havent learned ANY tools of the trade. It's just math class after math class with cores inbetween.

i have absolutely no idea what ill do if/when i graduate.

Darkhorse85 said:
Working on a BS in Mechanical Engineering.

i hate it though. Im in my third year, and i havent learned ANY tools of the trade. It's just math class after math class with cores inbetween.

i have absolutely no idea what ill do if/when i graduate.
Go on to grad school for a MS/PhD. I had a friend who did a BS Aerospace Engineering, and he said he didnt learn anything really interesting or useful until he got to grad school. He liked grad school much more, and works for NASA now.