Sorry, another stem question

helmat

Guest
I posted the question a few days ago about stem height. I have decided to lower my stem in small
increments until I am about two inches below the top of my seat (less if it seems warranted). I have
done some research on how to do this but cant seem to get it. The post I read said, for a threaded
fork, to loosen the stem bolt and raise or lower the stem. When I do this my stem does not move. I
am riding a Colnago Masterlight with Campy record and have a 3T threaded stem. Please help.

One additional question, how often should cleats be changed? I am riding Carnacs with Time pedals.

Thanks again,

Matt Payne

> I posted the question a few days ago about stem height. I have
decided to
> lower my stem in small increments until I am about two inches below
the top
> of my seat (less if it seems warranted). I have done some research on
how
> to do this but cant seem to get it. The post I read said, for a
threaded
> fork, to loosen the stem bolt and raise or lower the stem. When I do
this
> my stem does not move.

Loosen the stem bolt a turn or two and tap it fairly hard with a soft mallet to loosen the wedge.

Phil Holman