Spec of rear hub on 2002 Trek 4300?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Daniel Kelly \, Nov 16, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    Does anyone know the spec of the rear hub fitted on the 2002 edition of the Trek 4300 (disc)
    mountain bike?

    I have looked everywhere (the hub itself, all the documentation that came with the bike, google,
    Trek's website) but no success yet.

    I want to upgrade my hub to a Shimano Deore and I need to make sure that it will fit.

    Many thanks, Jack

    Tags:

  2. Jack: Your 2002 '4300 has a 135mm tail section width, so any relatively-current (past six years at
    least) 8/9 speed hub will work just fine, including a Shimano Deore.

    "Daniel Kelly (AKA Jack)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello,
    >
    > Does anyone know the spec of the rear hub fitted on the 2002 edition of
    the
    > Trek 4300 (disc) mountain bike?
    >
    > I have looked everywhere (the hub itself, all the documentation that came with the bike, google,
    > Trek's website) but no success yet.
    >
    > I want to upgrade my hub to a Shimano Deore and I need to make sure that
    it
    > will fit.
    >
    > Many thanks, Jack

  3. daniel-<< I want to upgrade my hub to a Shimano Deore and I need to make sure that it will fit.
    >><BR><BR>

    it will, in the frameset and for the cogset...