Spec of rear hub on 2002 Trek 4300?

Daniel Kelly \

Guest
Hello,

Does anyone know the spec of the rear hub fitted on the 2002 edition of the Trek 4300 (disc)
mountain bike?

I have looked everywhere (the hub itself, all the documentation that came with the bike, google,
Trek's website) but no success yet.

I want to upgrade my hub to a Shimano Deore and I need to make sure that it will fit.

Many thanks, Jack

Jack: Your 2002 '4300 has a 135mm tail section width, so any relatively-current (past six years at
least) 8/9 speed hub will work just fine, including a Shimano Deore.

"Daniel Kelly (AKA Jack)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know the spec of the rear hub fitted on the 2002 edition of
the
> Trek 4300 (disc) mountain bike?
>
> I have looked everywhere (the hub itself, all the documentation that came with the bike, google,
> Trek's website) but no success yet.
>
> I want to upgrade my hub to a Shimano Deore and I need to make sure that
it
> will fit.
>
> Many thanks, Jack

daniel-<< I want to upgrade my hub to a Shimano Deore and I need to make sure that it will fit.
>><BR><BR>

it will, in the frameset and for the cogset...