Specialized Allez Comp Double

rgunn1

Nov 17, 2006
I recently moved to an area that makes riding on the road extremely convenient, so I've been doing so quite a bit lately. I'm really getting sick of riding my cheapo mtb on the road, as every deficiency in the bike is prominent. I've been considering buying a specialized allez comp double for my first road bike, at the suggestion of the LBS. I was hoping someone here could offer some insight on wether or not this would be a good decision. I've read several reviews on the 'net, and I can't find much bad about the bike. ALL of the user reviews I've read were extremely positive. So, what do ya'll think. Is it a good bike?

just picked up a 2006 in september (first road bike) and have had a blast on it so far. the 105 groupset has yet to need an adjustment after the first few hundred miles although i did have the LBS that sold it to me investigate a creaking sound from the headset that has not returned since. seems that this bike to me in my limited experience is very fast and rocks the rolling hills/flat areas i tend to ride. i did have the gerolsteiner sticker taken off when i bought it (no offense levi). have confidence in the frame as it handles my bulky 240 lb. ass so far at a 19 mph average speed.