Specialized Dolce 05 - Size?

Zoe1976

Nov 8, 2004
Hi! :)

I am looking to get a road bike (I've never had one before - always opting for mountain bikes). However, I'm not really sure what size bike I would need. I am 5' 5" tall - and the Dolce 05 is made in the following sizes: 44cm, 48cm, 51cm, 54cm & 56cm. Does anyone have any advice on chosing the right size bike? :confused:
Also if anyone has any opinions / has ridden the Dolce 05, your views on it's comfort and performance would be greatly appreciated (or recommendations of similar priced bikes that might be better?).

Thank you so much!

Zoe

At 5'5" I would guess the 51 would fit you best, but correct fit is way too important for guessing. The bike shop should fit you to the bike, which is a pretty extensive process that only starts with getting the best frame size... when shopping around ask the LBS about the fitting process they use to get a feel.

And there's nothing wrong with specialized, pretty good bang-for-the-buck bikes IMO, but there are many others. How bike fits and feels, and how you feel about it in general, are more important than who made it.

Zoe1976 said:
Hi! :)

I am looking to get a road bike (I've never had one before - always opting for mountain bikes). However, I'm not really sure what size bike I would need. I am 5' 5" tall - and the Dolce 05 is made in the following sizes: 44cm, 48cm, 51cm, 54cm & 56cm. Does anyone have any advice on chosing the right size bike? :confused:
Also if anyone has any opinions / has ridden the Dolce 05, your views on it's comfort and performance would be greatly appreciated (or recommendations of similar priced bikes that might be better?).

Thank you so much!

Zoe
We ordered a Dolce Pro for my girlfriend after looking at/riding many alternatives. It comes nicely equipped, and the 44 cm was a perfect fit for her 5 foot frame. Specialized makes great bicycles - I own two of them. Get fitted at your dealer - they should be able to get you a perfect fit. As one other opined, the 51 will probably turn out to be about right for you.