Sram Force front brake caliper recall

CAMPYBOB said:
Forgive me if this has been posted before.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/feb07/feb09news

Scroll to the bottom.
Heh. I seem to recall some people questioning the wisdom of waiting a while for SRAM to fix any problems that might crop up in a new product. Wasn't it something like since they have been making MTB components for a long time and would do a lot of testing to ensure the success of their entry into the road market, there couldn't possibly be any problems?

I guess once again the old saw proves true: Should have bought Campy.

Bro Deal said:
Well...yeah!

All except for those old Record crankarms that had the lightening groove milled into them. I snapped one of those into two pieces and damned near ended my days when i shot, out of control, into oncoming traffic! I popped the left side on the downstroke...instant left turn. I just managed to shoot the gap between two oncoming cars.

Needless to say, those shorts required washing when I finally got home.

Bro Deal said:
Heh. I seem to recall some people questioning the wisdom of waiting a while for SRAM to fix any problems that might crop up in a new product. Wasn't it something like since they have been making MTB components for a long time and would do a lot of testing to ensure the success of their entry into the road market, there couldn't possibly be any problems?

Nothing to do with Campagnolo (although Campagnolo is always better - ;) ).

Always avoid the first series of something. Let the early adopters do the 'in the wild' testing on their own skin!

Thanks for the update, hd reynolds.

I'm 'old school' and many (not just the Sram brand parts) of new frames, forks and components scare the daylights out of me. There seems to be very little margin of safety engineered into some of them.