Stayer and 11 cyclists await Beloki?s final decision

Jason Spaceman

Guest
From the article:
------------------------------
Joseba Beloki is set to continue his negotiations with the Italian Stayer company tomorrow (Monday)
after the two sides failed to reach a conclusive agreement during a meeting in Milan last Friday.
While Beloki considers his options, 11 other Spanish cyclists are awaiting his decision with special
interest after being lined up to back the three-time Tour de France podium finisher. If Beloki signs
with Stayer, they will all have a job next season, if not some of them could struggle to get a
contract elsewhere.
------------------------------

and the last paragraph of the article reads. . .

------------------------------
Mercatone Uno are also involved in the negotiations and look set to join the new team as a secondary
sponsor. This could provide the intriguing prospect of Beloki riding with Marco Pantani at the Tour
de France.
-----------------------------

Read it at http://www.procycling.com/news_main.asp?newsId=4762

J. Spaceman

"Jason Spaceman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:G5fpb.164416

> and the last paragraph of the article reads. . .
>
> ------------------------------
> Mercatone Uno are also involved in the negotiations and look set to join the new team as a
> secondary sponsor. This could provide the intriguing prospect of Beloki riding with Marco Pantani
> at the Tour de France.
> -----------------------------

Cyclingnews referred to Pantani's possible relationship as potential team manager, not rider.

Does that mean he might be driving in the caravan? One shudders at the thought.

> > and the last paragraph of the article reads. . .
> >
> > ------------------------------
> > Mercatone Uno are also involved in the negotiations and look set to join
the
> > new team as a secondary sponsor. This could provide the intriguing
prospect
> > of Beloki riding with Marco Pantani at the Tour de France.
> > -----------------------------
> >

> Cyclingnews referred to Pantani's possible relationship as potential team
manager, not
> rider.
>
> Does that mean he might be driving in the caravan? One shudders at the
thought.

The image of his SUV sitting on top of several parked cars with him standing there shrugging his
shoulders...

Keep him out of France for the whole month of July.

Sorry Marco.

Carl Sundquist wrote:
> Cyclingnews referred to Pantani's possible relationship as potential team manager, not rider.
>
> Does that mean he might be driving in the caravan? One shudders at the thought.

His team should do quite well provided the UCI does not ban artificially stimulated adrenaline.

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 16:51:10 -0600, "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Jason Spaceman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:G5fpb.164416
>>
>> and the last paragraph of the article reads. . .

>> Mercatone Uno are also involved in the negotiations and look set to join the new team as a
>> secondary sponsor. This could provide the intriguing prospect of Beloki riding with Marco Pantani
>> at the Tour de France.
>>

>Cyclingnews referred to Pantani's possible relationship as potential team manager, not rider.
>
>Does that mean he might be driving in the caravan? One shudders at the thought.

I thought Swamps went insane and was carted off to the nuthouse in a straight jacket earlier
this year? ;-)