Beloki and Stayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiabloScott

May 15, 2003
Procycling.com says the deal is almost ready for signing.
Todociclismo.com says Joseba walked out of negotiations.
I'm inclined to believe the latter.
Joseba's fan page said he wanted to ride Giro di Lombardia but his doctors said it was too early.
Good to see that his recovery is going so well.

Originally posted by DiabloScott
Procycling.com says the deal is almost ready for signing.
Todociclismo.com says Joseba walked out of negotiations.
I'm inclined to believe the latter.
Joseba's fan page said he wanted to ride Giro di Lombardia but his doctors said it was too early.
Good to see that his recovery is going so well.

From cyclingnews.com:
Beloki pulls the plug on Stayer
After extensive negotiation, Joseba Beloki has ended discussions with the Italian electrical firm Stayer to join a new team planned for 2004. Beloki, who was Stayer's pick as team leader, called off the deal, dissatisfied with Stayer's financial guarantees. Along with his lawyer Pablo Arregui and former professional Abraham Olano, whom Beloki had invited to join as directeur sportif, the former ONCE leader traveled to Italy to meet with Stayer representatives, but ultimately went home empty handed.

"We came with all the hope in the world, but in the end we couldn't reach an agreement," Beloki said of the Stayer proposition. "I think a contract like mine is complex enough. In sporting terms it was the most attractive project, with Abraham [Olano] and several riders in whom I have confidence, but it was necessary to take everything into account."

Also see http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=5244

Guess that's that then...wonder where he'll end up?

Status
Not open for further replies.