Stifness in Back, neck, and shoulder areas

KEEBLER

May 28, 2003
Hi @All

I have been noticing that my legs usually feel ok during riding, however I have problems with my neck, shoulders and back stiffening up during rides of only an hour. Are there some exercises or something else I can do to prevent this???

Thanks
Keebler

KEEBLER said:
Hi @All

I have been noticing that my legs usually feel ok during riding, however I have problems with my neck, shoulders and back stiffening up during rides of only an hour. Are there some exercises or something else I can do to prevent this???

Thanks
Keebler

Make sure you are properly fitted on your bike.

Sounds like your too far forward or too low. I agree with the above poster, sounds like your not fitted on your bike properly.

tanggoman said:

Is there any articles or posts or links to where i can find out if im fitted correctly. I would really like to clear this problem up. Orcould someone give me some tips.

Thanks
Keebler

tanggoman said:

^^

plus ride more....your body will accustom over time to being on the bike.

goto www.google.com and type in 'proper bike fit' and you should get a few hundred articles show up. I thought there was some stickies on this forum but I'm not finding them right away.

Good luck.

I can sympathise. I've had neck pain, lower back pain, wrist pain and shoulder pain. These aches lingered for months but tend to disappear. But basically if your back aches you may be spending too much time in the drops so try riding with your hands on top of the bars and try different positions.

KEEBLER said:
Hi @All

Thanks
Keebler