Still deciding on a bike, help!

metomeya

Oct 16, 2004
Okay so I've been to three bike stores and road some around.

The main brands I've tried were Specialized, Motobecane (spelling?), and Giant.

For Specialized, I tried one of their road bikes (tires were too thin for me), Motobecane I think I tried the Jubilee (tires were too thick), and the Giant I tried the Cypress (tires were too thin, but better than the Specialized I tried).

Okay here is my big thing, I really like the option to ride in a standing up position. And I think I need thicker wheels to stay stable. Do the diameter of the wheels come into play at all with a standing ride? I was looking through my catalogue from Specialized and I think the Expedition is the one I want.

Does anyone own this? Does it sound about what I want? The reason I'm asking is that I can't test drive it, cause none of the stores had it.

metomeya said:
Okay so I've been to three bike stores and road some around.

The main brands I've tried were Specialized, Motobecane (spelling?), and Giant.

For Specialized, I tried one of their road bikes (tires were too thin for me), Motobecane I think I tried the Jubilee (tires were too thick), and the Giant I tried the Cypress (tires were too thin, but better than the Specialized I tried).

Okay here is my big thing, I really like the option to ride in a standing up position. And I think I need thicker wheels to stay stable. Do the diameter of the wheels come into play at all with a standing ride? I was looking through my catalogue from Specialized and I think the Expedition is the one I want.

Does anyone own this? Does it sound about what I want? The reason I'm asking is that I can't test drive it, cause none of the stores had it.

If the tires are too thin or too thick, change them.

But what I would like to know is why would you want to ride a road bike standing up???????????????????