Still nothing for cyclists.

Doug (Doug <[email protected]>) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

>> > Yes. The disabled driver can park easily

>> As can the disabled cyclist.

> But then the disabled cyclist would have to walk somehow along the
> platform which can be quite lengthy.

Is it somehow shorter than for the disabled driver?

>> > take his wheelchair out of the boot

>> So you're suggesting that it's possible to use a bicycle but need a
>> wheelchair? C'mon, examples, please?

> Eh? What point are you struggling to make?

Somebody... Who... Cannot... Walk... At... All... Even... With... Aids...
Such... As... Sticks... But... Can... Cycle...

>> > ride in it at high speed along a railway platform

>> But not in the car. So he's no longer a motorist, is he?

> Don't try your silly semantics here please.

Bwaahahahahaha...

In that case, if your disabled cyclist leaves his bicycle outside the
station, he's still a cyclist as he hops/crawls down the platform.

>> > and get on a train.

>> Of course, this ignores the subtle detail that few stations and trains
>> are actually wheelchair accessible.

> True but those that are allow wheelchair use on platforms but not cycle
> riding.

Nor do they allow the driving of cars with blue badges.

I wish you'd make your mind up as to whether this bicycle is a
replacement for a wheelchair or a car.

>> > He can also go anywhere in his chair on any pavement,

>> But not in his car.

> Again, what point are you struggling to make? Neither the car nor the
> cycle are allowed on platforms

So the cyclist isn't discriminated against, is he?

> but wheelchairs are and the motorist can carry a wheelchair but the
> cyclist can't..

I thought bikes were excellent load carriers, so you didn't need a car?
You tell us that often enough.

>> > unlike the prohibited disabled cyclist.

>> Umm, no, _just_ like the disabled cyclist.

> Disabled cyclists are not allowed on non-shared use pavements but
> wheelchair users are are.

But disabled drivers aren't. Makey-mindy-uppy.

Doug wrote:
> On 11 Mar, 09:07, ®i©ardo <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Doug wrote:
>>> Yes. The disabled driver can park easily, take his wheelchair out of
>>> the boot, ride in it at high speed along a railway platform and get on
>>> a train. You do know don't you that wheelchairs can go quite fast and
>>> dangerously in the right hands and even compete in the Marathon? He
>>> can also go anywhere in his chair on any pavement, unlike the
>>> prohibited disabled cyclist.
>>> --
>>> World Carfree Network
>>> http://www.worldcarfree.net/
>>> Help for your car-addicted friends in the U.K.

>> Well, why doesn't the disabled cyclist take his wheelchair on his bike
>> with him when he wants to catch a train? At least he can get both of
>> them on the train, unlike the discriminated against disabled motorist
>> who has to leave his car behind.
>>

> Even a folding wheelchair is rather too big and heavy to be carried on
> a bike. How is he supposed to ride his wheelchair along a platform
> while pulling a bike? Any more excuses for discrimination against
> disabled cyclists?

At least they can give it a try. What about the poor disabled motorist.
He or she doesn't even have that option! And they certainly wouldn't be
allowed to take their car on a train, unlike many cyclists who think
nothing of blocking a bank of four seats on a train because they're just
too lazy to cycle to their destination.

How can you be so heartless and discriminating against a disabled group,
unable to even cycle because of their infirmities.

>> You really are a heartless *****, aren't you?
>>

> You are heartless about disabled cyclists, obviously.
>
> --
> World Carfree Network
> http://www.worldcarfree.net/
> Help for your car-addicted friends in the U.K.

As I've stated previously in response to your vapourings, if a person is
fit enough to ride a bike they are accepting the fact that they should
be treated the same as everyone else.

--
Moving things in still pictures!

Gizmo. <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Doug" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > What about disabled or elderly cyclists? Instead cyclists are
> > castigated by a car centric society and told to dismount and walk at
> > every opportunity and are not allowed where wheelchairs can go, such
> > as railway platforms and pavements.

> Explain to me why you think cyclists should be allowed to ride on railway
> platforms and pavements.
>
> Once again Doug shows the real mindset of a cyclist.

For clarity, Doug shows the real mindset of one cyclist.

Cheers,
Luke

exile in Lancashire <http://www.shrimper.org.uk>

On Mar 11, 7:03 pm, Adrian <[email protected]> wrote:
> So the cyclist isn't discriminated against, is he?
> > but wheelchairs are and the motorist can carry a wheelchair but the
> > cyclist can't..

I think its becoming clear; dougs complaining that wheelchair users
are discriminating against disabled cyclists.

Fod

®i©ardo writtificated

> As I've stated previously in response to your vapourings, if a person is
> fit enough to ride a bike they are accepting the fact that they should
> be treated the same as everyone else.

Some disabled people have great difficulty walking but can ride a bicycle.

Mark T wrote:
> ®i©ardo writtificated
>
>> As I've stated previously in response to your vapourings, if a person is
>> fit enough to ride a bike they are accepting the fact that they should
>> be treated the same as everyone else.

> Some disabled people have great difficulty walking but can ride a bicycle.

After breaking my leg in December, I was riding my bike 4-5 days after
having the cast taken off, but am still using a crutch to walk five-six
weeks later.

Martin.

Mark T wrote:
> ®i©ardo writtificated
>
>> As I've stated previously in response to your vapourings, if a person is
>> fit enough to ride a bike they are accepting the fact that they should
>> be treated the same as everyone else.

> Some disabled people have great difficulty walking but can ride a bicycle.

Very, very few!

A bicycle is not a recognised transportation aid for the disabled, it is
an accepted mode of transport however, and, as such, should be subject
to appropriate restrictions in order to safeguard the safety of others.

--
Moving things in still pictures!

"Martin Dann" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mark T wrote:
>> ®i©ardo writtificated
>>
>>> As I've stated previously in response to your vapourings, if a person is
>>> fit enough to ride a bike they are accepting the fact that they should
>>> be treated the same as everyone else.

>> Some disabled people have great difficulty walking but can ride a
>> bicycle.

> After breaking my leg in December, I was riding my bike 4-5 days after
> having the cast taken off, but am still using a crutch to walk five-six
> weeks later.

At this stage, that's not a disability.

Ekul Namsob ([email protected] (Ekul Namsob))
gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

>> Once again Doug shows the real mindset of a cyclist.

> For clarity, Doug shows the real mindset of one cyclist.

Duhg has a mindset? Wouldn't that require a mind?

Martin Dann (Martin Dann <[email protected]>) gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying:

>> Some disabled people have great difficulty walking but can ride a
>> bicycle.

> After breaking my leg in December, I was riding my bike 4-5 days after
> having the cast taken off, but am still using a crutch to walk five-six
> weeks later.

Is it impossible to carry a crutch on a bicycle?

If so, how on earth did you get around when you got to your destination?

Adrian wrote:
> Ekul Namsob ([email protected] (Ekul Namsob))
> gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:
>
>>> Once again Doug shows the real mindset of a cyclist.

>> For clarity, Doug shows the real mindset of one cyclist.

> Duhg has a mindset? Wouldn't that require a mind?

Yes, but his is set in stone!

--

Adrian wrote:
> Martin Dann (Martin Dann <[email protected]>) gurgled happily,
> sounding much like they were saying:
>
>>> Some disabled people have great difficulty walking but can ride a
>>> bicycle.

>> After breaking my leg in December, I was riding my bike 4-5 days after
>> having the cast taken off, but am still using a crutch to walk five-six
>> weeks later.

> Is it impossible to carry a crutch on a bicycle?
>
> If so, how on earth did you get around when you got to your destination?

You're told to hop it!

--

®i©ardo wrote:
> Adrian wrote:
>> Ekul Namsob ([email protected] (Ekul Namsob))
>> gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

>>> For clarity, Doug shows the real mindset of one cyclist.

>> Duhg has a mindset? Wouldn't that require a mind?

> Yes, but his is set in stone!

Or, it is a stone.

Adrian wrote:
> Martin Dann (Martin Dann <[email protected]>) gurgled happily,
> sounding much like they were saying:
>
>>> Some disabled people have great difficulty walking but can ride a
>>> bicycle.

>> After breaking my leg in December, I was riding my bike 4-5 days after
>> having the cast taken off, but am still using a crutch to walk five-six
>> weeks later.

> Is it impossible to carry a crutch on a bicycle?

It is easy to safely carry a crutch on a bicycle. I have been carrying
it next to the top tube.

Martin Dann (Martin Dann <[email protected]>) gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying:

>>> After breaking my leg in December, I was riding my bike 4-5 days after
>>> having the cast taken off, but am still using a crutch to walk
>>> five-six weeks later.

>> Is it impossible to carry a crutch on a bicycle?

> It is easy to safely carry a crutch on a bicycle. I have been carrying
> it next to the top tube.

So being "forced" to park your bicycle and use your crutch in no way
impeded your mobility, therefore you weren't discriminated against vs. a
driver with a similar injury.

In other words, Duhg's wrong. Again.

Brimstone wrote:
> ®i©ardo wrote:
>> Adrian wrote:
>>> Ekul Namsob ([email protected] (Ekul Namsob))
>>> gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

>>> Duhg has a mindset? Wouldn't that require a mind?

>> Yes, but his is set in stone!

> Or, it is a stone.

Or is that his heart?

--

On 12 Mar, 16:17, Adrian <[email protected]> wrote:
> Martin Dann (Martin Dann <[email protected]>) gurgled happily,
> sounding much like they were saying:

> >> Is it impossible to carry a crutch on a bicycle?

> > It is easy to safely carry a crutch on a bicycle. I have been carrying
> > it next to the top tube.

> So being "forced" to park your bicycle and use your crutch in no way
> impeded your mobility, therefore you weren't discriminated against vs. a
> driver with a similar injury.
>
> In other words, Duhg's wrong. Again.

You are wrong again, Drain. Unlike the motorist the cyclist cannot
easily carry a wheelchair as an aid to mobility. Have you ever tried
walking far on crutches? Why are you so down on poor disabled
cyclists, Drain?

--
World Carfree Network
http://www.worldcarfree.net/
Help for your car-addicted friends in the U.K.

Doug (Doug <[email protected]>) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

>> > It is easy to safely carry a crutch on a bicycle. I have been
>> > carrying it next to the top tube.

>> So being "forced" to park your bicycle and use your crutch in no way
>> impeded your mobility, therefore you weren't discriminated against vs.
>> a driver with a similar injury.
>>
>> In other words, Duhg's wrong. Again.

> You are wrong again, Drain. Unlike the motorist the cyclist cannot
> easily carry a wheelchair as an aid to mobility.

Just as well Martin doesn't need a wheelchair, then.

> Have you ever tried walking far on crutches?

Although Martin seems to be managing fine, I've never had to,
fortunately. Even when I broke my ankle a couple of years ago, damaging
tendons to the point of just being shy of needing to have them operated
on, I could walk fine without a crutch. Cycling would have been
impossible, though I could drive.

> Why are you so down on poor disabled cyclists, Drain?

I'm not.

On 13 Mar, 07:36, Doug <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 12 Mar, 16:17, Adrian <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > Martin Dann (Martin Dann <[email protected]>) gurgled happily,
> > sounding much like they were saying:

> > > It is easy to safely carry a crutch on a bicycle. I have been carrying
> > > it next to the top tube.

> > So being "forced" to park your bicycle and use your crutch in no way
> > impeded your mobility, therefore you weren't discriminated against vs. a
> > driver with a similar injury.

> > In other words, Duhg's wrong. Again.

> You are wrong again, Drain. Unlike the motorist the cyclist cannot
> easily carry a wheelchair as an aid to mobility. Have you ever tried
> walking far on crutches? Why are you so down on poor disabled
> cyclists, Drain?

So lemme get this straight. Because a bicycle is less able to carry a
wheelchair than is a car, it is discrimination against cyclists and in
favour of motorists not to allow cyclists to go wherever a wheelchair
can go. This is the case even though cars are not allowed to go in
the same places.

Have I got that right? If so, it seems to me that such discrimination
is widespread. For example, if you go to an Ikea store and tell them
you have a disability, they will help load your furniture into your
car. If however you are on a bike, they will charge you to deliver
the furniture to your house. Outrageous discrimination!