Study finds sports drinks very bad for the teeth

Ben Kaufman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:
> "Sports and energy drinks such as Gatorade and Red Bull are popular with
> the health conscious.

Is that news? For years, my dentist has been telling me to brush my teeth as
soon as I get home from a bike ride and also to rinse with tap water at rest
stops.

Ben Kaufman wrote:
> "Sports and energy drinks such as Gatorade and Red Bull are popular

with the
> health conscious.
>
> But dental researchers are warning that they can be extremely bad for

your
> teeth, much worse than soft drinks, which are often described as

cavity-causing.

In addition to disolving enamel, the acid that those drinks are loaded
with tends to upset the stomach when consumed for any length of time.
All-in-all, really nasty stuff.