SunTour Accushift der. question

Kyle.B.H

Guest
Can I use a Suntour Accushift 2000 derailer with Shimano 7,8,9 indexed
shifters and cassette?

Thanks,

Kyle

Kyle.B.H wrote:

> Can I use a Suntour Accushift 2000 derailer with Shimano 7,8,9 indexed
> shifters and cassette?

Chances of getting that to work well are between slim and none.

That was Sun Tour's bottom-of-the barrel model, a $20 Shimano Tourney
would work _much_ better.

Sheldon "False Economy" Brown
| Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when |
| they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal |
Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide

"Kyle.B.H" wrote:

> Can I use a Suntour Accushift 2000 derailer with Shimano 7,8,9 indexed
> shifters and cassette?

The 9-sp shifters might come close to working with a Shimano 8sp cluster. (Lock
out the last click.) This is another way of saying that the lateral derailleur
movement of Sun Tour derailleurs is quite close to that of the Dura Ace _8sp_
derailleurs.

I did it a long time ago and it "sort of" worked. (I was using 8sp DuraAce
bar-end shifters.) A little tweaking with custom spacers might bring it in.