Super Mario versus Gord 'Flash' Fraser

ronde chumpion

Guest
Hey,

Seeing how both riders are set to square off in the 2004 Dodge Tour
de Georgia, we are all in for a treat.
Normally, I wouldn't even think about this type of comparison.
However, in this case, Gord will definitely prevail. Super Mario was
good a few years back, but is nearing age 40, and has only completed
ONE World Cup this year, finishing well back in the field at Milan-San
Remo. He was a disgrace to the World Champion's jersey last year,
racing about 20 days, with maybe one or two wins.
Gord has been still able to mix it with the best of them. He did
great in Malaysia in January, taking the sprinter's jersey, and just
beat Chris Horner in the prologue tt at Sea Otter.

Too bad Petachii sp? with his 30 wins last year couldn't come here.
Or even better, maybe not as a pure sprinter, but Johan Museeuw. The
old gimp has good form for about two more weeks in his life, and could
have had a nice US trip, but will fade away in the car at Amstel this
week instead. Too bad.

Gord will ***** slap Mario in the sprint finishes next week in
Georgia. LA will ***** slap Horner in the TT and two mountain stages,
including the mountaintop finish. Gord sprinter jersey, LA overall.
Why hold the race?

Thanks,
Ronde CHUMPion

"ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey,
>
> Seeing how both riders are set to square off in the 2004 Dodge Tour
> de Georgia, we are all in for a treat.
> Normally, I wouldn't even think about this type of comparison.
> However, in this case, Gord will definitely prevail. Super Mario was
> good a few years back, but is nearing age 40, and has only completed
> ONE World Cup this year, finishing well back in the field at Milan-San
> Remo. He was a disgrace to the World Champion's jersey last year,
> racing about 20 days, with maybe one or two wins.

Do you think this disgraceful rider that won two stages in the Giro while
wearing that world champs jersey can get credit for both wins the next time
you talk out of your ass?

> Gord has been still able to mix it with the best of them. He did
> great in Malaysia in January, taking the sprinter's jersey, and just
> beat Chris Horner in the prologue tt at Sea Otter.

It is not at all clear who would win. Fraser has the advantage mostly
because he will be accustomed to racing those distances with those riders
(knowing whose wheels to grab or avoid) and so on. Mario can still sprint
better than most pros and calling him a discrace is just stupid of you.

> Too bad Petachii sp? with his 30 wins last year couldn't come here.
> Or even better, maybe not as a pure sprinter, but Johan Museeuw. The
> old gimp has good form for about two more weeks in his life, and could
> have had a nice US trip, but will fade away in the car at Amstel this
> week instead. Too bad.

Why would a guy at the top of his game take a trip to a country that barely
manages to care when their own Tour legend, who barely got noticed until he
starts dating pop stars? It really depends on who Johan is dating and since
I think he is living the life of a boring faithful husband, his options are
limited to celebrating his career and its end back in that little continent
that tends to organize races over crappy roads instead of looking for nice
smooth parking lots to spin around.

> Gord will ***** slap Mario in the sprint finishes next week in
> Georgia. LA will ***** slap Horner in the TT and two mountain stages,
> including the mountaintop finish. Gord sprinter jersey, LA overall.
> Why hold the race?

You should spend your time at the NGs of boxing fans. Trash talk like that
makes more sense to them. You might also try some of the hockey NGs since
the playoffs are in the first round and their should be plenty of teams that
will take great pleasure in your trolls and probably will not notice the
idiocy.

> Thanks,
> Ronde CHUMPion

Which one? You must be one of the newer chumps that is a bit weak on cycling
knowledge and all around wit.

ronde chumpion wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Seeing how both riders are set to square off in the 2004 Dodge Tour
> de Georgia, we are all in for a treat.
> Normally, I wouldn't even think about this type of comparison.
> However, in this case, Gord will definitely prevail. Super Mario was
> good a few years back, but is nearing age 40, and has only completed
> ONE World Cup this year, finishing well back in the field at Milan-San
> Remo. He was a disgrace to the World Champion's jersey last year,
> racing about 20 days, with maybe one or two wins.

check facts before spewing....

> Gord has been still able to mix it with the best of them. He did
> great in Malaysia in January, taking the sprinter's jersey, and just
> beat Chris Horner in the prologue tt at Sea Otter.
>
> Too bad Petachii sp? with his 30 wins last year couldn't come here.
> Or even better, maybe not as a pure sprinter, but Johan Museeuw. The
> old gimp has good form for about two more weeks in his life, and could
> have had a nice US trip, but will fade away in the car at Amstel this
> week instead. Too bad.
>
> Gord will ***** slap Mario in the sprint finishes next week in
> Georgia. LA will ***** slap Horner in the TT and two mountain stages,
> including the mountaintop finish. Gord sprinter jersey, LA overall.
> Why hold the race?

Mario comes with Lombardi, and his full leadout, nothing in the US
circuit can compare.

> Thanks,
> Ronde CHUMPion

> > Seeing how both riders are set to square off in the 2004 Dodge Tour
> > de Georgia, we are all in for a treat.

> > However, in this case, Gord will definitely prevail. Super Mario was
> > good a few years back, but is nearing age 40, and has only completed
> > ONE World Cup this year. He was a disgrace to the World Champion's jersey last year.

> > Gord has been still able to mix it with the best of them. He did
> > great in Malaysia in January, taking the sprinter's jersey, and just
> > beat Chris Horner in the prologue tt at Sea Otter.
> >
> > Gord will ***** slap Mario in the sprint finishes next week in
> > Georgia. LA will ***** slap Horner in the TT and two mountain stages,
> > including the mountaintop finish. Gord sprinter jersey, LA overall.
> > Why hold the race?
> >

> Mario comes with Lombardi, and his full leadout, nothing in the US
> circuit can compare.

Maybe Mario should lead out David Clinger. Clinger won at Tour de
Georgia last year.

RC

ronde chumpion <[email protected]> wrote:
< spew >

Dude, put down the crack pipe.

Gord didn't win a single stage in Malaysia, against a
bunch of sprinters that no one has ever heard of.

Mario is no longer the best in the world. But he has
a bunch of seconds behind Petacchi who is the best
in the world right now and light years ahead of the
people Gord was not beating in Malaysia.

If Gord was sprinting at the same level as even a
fading Super Mario then he would be doing real races
against real sprinters.

Bob Schwartz
[email protected]

[email protected] (ronde chumpion) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hey,
>
> Seeing how both riders are set to square off in the 2004 Dodge Tour
> de Georgia, we are all in for a treat.
> Normally, I wouldn't even think about this type of comparison.
> However, in this case, Gord will definitely prevail.

You nailed it.