SUV Killed By Bicyclist

soinie wrote:
> ...a headline I'd love to see.

Be patient. I'm reloading.

soinie <[email protected]> wrote:

>...a headline I'd love to see.

It's not quite the same, but I had to chuckle a while back on one of
my "urban rides". I was approaching a light that was going to be red
for a while, at an intersection with four lanes. One right turn, one
right turn/straight, one left turn/straight, and one left turn.

I was in the right/straight lane, going very slowly to time getting to
the car ahead as the light changed. As I approached the huge SUV on
my left (stopped already), I heard the door locks all click.

Heh... at least we can get a "SUV Scared By Bicyclist" headline!

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Mark Hickey wrote:
> soinie <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> ...a headline I'd love to see.

> It's not quite the same, but I had to chuckle a while back on one of
> my "urban rides". I was approaching a light that was going to be red
> for a while, at an intersection with four lanes. One right turn, one
> right turn/straight, one left turn/straight, and one left turn.
>
> I was in the right/straight lane, going very slowly to time getting to
> the car ahead as the light changed. As I approached the huge SUV on
> my left (stopped already), I heard the door locks all click.
>
> Heh... at least we can get a "SUV Scared By Bicyclist" headline!

Well, I know you're not Black; did you look homeless by any chance? :)

Only using my imagination and not based on certain beach area streets in San
Diego, Bill

"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mark Hickey wrote:
>> soinie <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> ...a headline I'd love to see.

>> It's not quite the same, but I had to chuckle a while back on one of
>> my "urban rides". I was approaching a light that was going to be red
>> for a while, at an intersection with four lanes. One right turn, one
>> right turn/straight, one left turn/straight, and one left turn.
>>
>> I was in the right/straight lane, going very slowly to time getting to
>> the car ahead as the light changed. As I approached the huge SUV on
>> my left (stopped already), I heard the door locks all click.
>>
>> Heh... at least we can get a "SUV Scared By Bicyclist" headline!

>Well, I know you're not Black; did you look homeless by any chance? :)

I suspect I musta looked like a neocon - you know how scary THOSE are
s'pozed ta be...

Mark "Bwah hah hah haaaahhhhh" Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Mark Hickey wrote:

> I suspect I musta looked like a neocon - you know how scary THOSE are
> s'pozed ta be...

I you're wealthy they're not scary at all.

But if you had the misfortune to be born into the lower class and
thought maybe the military might be a way get ahead in life, then
they're VERY scary, as they have no problem risking your life for their
gains.

Rich

> soinie <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >...a headline I'd love to see.

> It's not quite the same, but I had to chuckle a while back on one of
> my "urban rides". I was approaching a light that was going to be red
> for a while, at an intersection with four lanes. One right turn, one
> right turn/straight, one left turn/straight, and one left turn.
>
> I was in the right/straight lane, going very slowly to time getting to
> the car ahead as the light changed. As I approached the huge SUV on
> my left (stopped already), I heard the door locks all click.
>
> Heh... at least we can get a "SUV Scared By Bicyclist" headline!

i think it's fear that put them in the suv in the first place...

Mark Hickey wrote:
> As I approached the huge SUV on
> my left (stopped already), I heard the door locks all click.

That happened to me one recent evening. I approached a car that was
probably worth less than my bike + lighting + winter clothing.
*kerchunk* went the door locks. There hasn't been a carjacking in this
town in this decade and stranger-on-stranger assaults are almost
non-existent.

Regarding the topic of this thread: Didn't a drunk (or high) bicyclist
get convicted of homicide for indirectly causing the death of a
motorist who swerved to avoid her?

RFM