SWB from BMX plans / ideas?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bryan W., May 18, 2003.

  1. Bryan W.

    Bryan W. Guest

    I am going to build an SWB / OSS Bent from a 24" boys mountain bike and parts of a 10 speed bicycle.

    Anyone else on here tried something like that? Any hints tips?

    I'm wondering how I'm going to make the seat work out satisfactorily.

    I've only seen a couple examples of a BMX/Bent conversion online.

    Anyone else have any pics of one they've done themselves for inspiration?

    I'm thinking of keeping the back wheel at 24" and making the front wheel 20".

    Going to try and do it as simply as possible, mounting a 1.5' boom on the front of the BMX bike with
    the pedals from the 10 speed mounted there.

    Any input / ideas would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Bryan http://members.cox.net/bwiley1/bio.html

    Tags:

  2. A few years ago there were not too many 24 inch tires being sold, the numbers have increased but
    finding a Hi-psi Slick 24" X 1.50 is not so easy still.
    ---------------------------
    "Bryan W." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am going to build an SWB / OSS Bent from a 24" boys mountain bike and parts of a 10 speed
    > bicycle.
    >
    > Anyone else on here tried something like that? Any hints tips?
    >
    > I'm wondering how I'm going to make the seat work out satisfactorily.
    >
    > I've only seen a couple examples of a BMX/Bent conversion online.
    >
    > Anyone else have any pics of one they've done themselves for inspiration?
    >
    > I'm thinking of keeping the back wheel at 24" and making the front wheel 20".
    >
    > Going to try and do it as simply as possible, mounting a 1.5' boom on the front of the BMX bike
    > with the pedals from the 10 speed mounted there.
    >
    > Any input / ideas would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Bryan http://members.cox.net/bwiley1/bio.html

  3. "Bryan W." skrev...
    > I am going to build an SWB / OSS Bent from a 24" boys mountain bike and parts of a 10 speed
    > bicycle.
    >
    > Anyone else on here tried something like that? Any hints tips?

    Theres a couple of projects here: http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/whatsup.htm

    under "Recumbent Bike and HPV Building Projects"

    M.

  4. Seamus

    Seamus New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2003
    There's a Duth outfit who make a kit for converting a diamond frame bike into a recumbent. Perhaps alook at their site'll give yo an idea or two...

    http://www.dutchbikes.nl

  5. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    I made a homebuilt from a schwinn girls bike. Dual 27 wheels. Turned out OK and was easy to make.
    You might get some idea's from my pics at http://community.webshots.com/album/67240411dwAXSh Cheers
    Recumbentbill "Bryan W." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I am going to build an SWB / OSS Bent from a 24" boys mountain bike and parts of a 10 speed
    > bicycle.
    >
    > Anyone else on here tried something like that? Any hints tips?
    >
    > I'm wondering how I'm going to make the seat work out satisfactorily.
    >
    > I've only seen a couple examples of a BMX/Bent conversion online.
    >
    > Anyone else have any pics of one they've done themselves for inspiration?
    >
    > I'm thinking of keeping the back wheel at 24" and making the front wheel 20".
    >
    > Going to try and do it as simply as possible, mounting a 1.5' boom on the front of the BMX bike
    > with the pedals from the 10 speed mounted there.
    >
    > Any input / ideas would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Bryan http://members.cox.net/bwiley1/bio.html

  6. Drrecumbnt