Tandem Racing

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by cigarman, Jan 25, 2004.

  1. cigarman

    cigarman Guest

    Anyone know if there is any tandem racing going on in the near future? I live near Milton Keynes but
    wouldn't mind a trip to Manchester. I have just started riding a tandem and would enjoy the
    spectacle of watching them race.

    Many thanks

    Tom

    --
    replace deadspam with btinternet to reply Tom Anderson Leighton Buzzard England

    Tags:

  2. Tandems feature in time trialling quite frequently.

    Cheers, helen s

  3. Pete Whelan

    Pete Whelan Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > Anyone know if there is any tandem racing going on in the near future? I live near Milton Keynes
    > but wouldn't mind a trip to Manchester. I have just started riding a tandem and would enjoy the
    > spectacle of watching them race.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Tom

    I don't know of any road races on tandems, but there are plenty of time-trials that have a tandem
    category. As regards the track, there is one event each year - tandem sprint

    --
    Pete

    interchange 12 for 21 to reply

  4. Jack Ouzzi

    Jack Ouzzi Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 08:16:47 +0000 (UTC), Pete Whelan
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >[email protected] wrote:
    >> Anyone know if there is any tandem racing going on in the near future? I live near Milton Keynes
    >> but wouldn't mind a trip to Manchester. I have just started riding a tandem and would enjoy the
    >> spectacle of watching them race.
    >>
    >> Many thanks
    >>
    >> Tom
    >>

    >I don't know of any road races on tandems, but there are plenty of time-trials that have a tandem
    >category. As regards the track, there is one event each year - tandem sprint

    To compete however both riders must be either completely and utterly insane ............ or have had
    lobotomy operations or indeed both
    :)