Tandem Racing

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by cigarman, Jan 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cigarman

cigarman Guest

Anyone know if there is any tandem racing going on in the near future? I live near Milton Keynes but
    wouldn't mind a trip to Manchester. I have just started riding a tandem and would enjoy the
    spectacle of watching them race.

Many thanks

Tom

--
    replace deadspam with btinternet to reply Tom Anderson Leighton Buzzard England

Tags:

2. Tandems feature in time trialling quite frequently.

Cheers, helen s

--This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get correct one remove dependency on fame &
    fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**[email protected]$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

3. Pete Whelan

Pete Whelan Guest

[email protected] wrote:
    > Anyone know if there is any tandem racing going on in the near future? I live near Milton Keynes
    > but wouldn't mind a trip to Manchester. I have just started riding a tandem and would enjoy the
    > spectacle of watching them race.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Tom
    >

I don't know of any road races on tandems, but there are plenty of time-trials that have a tandem
    category. As regards the track, there is one event each year - tandem sprint

--
    Pete

interchange 12 for 21 to reply

4. Jack Ouzzi

Jack Ouzzi Guest

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 08:16:47 +0000 (UTC), Pete Whelan
    <[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
    >> Anyone know if there is any tandem racing going on in the near future? I live near Milton Keynes
    >> but wouldn't mind a trip to Manchester. I have just started riding a tandem and would enjoy the
    >> spectacle of watching them race.
    >>
    >> Many thanks
    >>
    >> Tom
    >>
    >
    >I don't know of any road races on tandems, but there are plenty of time-trials that have a tandem
    >category. As regards the track, there is one event each year - tandem sprint

To compete however both riders must be either completely and utterly insane ............ or have had
    lobotomy operations or indeed both
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.