TDF decided by mechanical

Ilan Vardi

Guest
A difference of one minute leads to great suspense, but can also mean that the final result can be
decided by a mechanical problem or crash, as was shown in the Luz Ardiden stage. Of course, in the
time trial, no one can expect either Armstrong or Ullrich to wait if the other crashes or has a
flat tire.

My projection for tomorrow is Ullrich ahead by 45 seconds, of which 20 are due to an Armstrong
mechanical. This is consistent with Armstrong's bad luck so far, and with his equipment, e.g., his
"space age" shorts ripping at the seams in the first ITT (though I'm sure he's willing to do the
race in the buff if they come completely apart during the race).

-ilan

"Ilan Vardi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> A difference of one minute leads to great suspense, but can also mean that the final result can be
> decided by a mechanical problem or crash, as was shown in the Luz Ardiden stage. Of course, in the
> time trial, no one can expect either Armstrong or Ullrich to wait if the other crashes or has a
> flat tire.
>
> My projection for tomorrow is Ullrich ahead by 45 seconds, of which 20 are due to an Armstrong
> mechanical. This is consistent with Armstrong's bad luck so far, and with his equipment, e.g., his
> "space age" shorts ripping at the seams in the first ITT (though I'm sure he's willing to do the
> race in the buff if they come completely apart during the race).
>
> -ilan

Nah, Armstrong will win the ITT even if all of his clothes disintegrate and he's buck ass nekid!

Dashii

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:12:00 -0700, "Dashi Toshii" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Nah, Armstrong will win the ITT even if all of his clothes disintegrate and he's buck ass nekid!

"You know what the difference between naked and nekid is? Naked means you don't have any clothes on.
Nekid means you don't have any clothes on and you're up to something!!"

Lewis Grizzard

---------------------------------

Lindsay
----------------------------
"One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."

P.J. O'Rourke

"Lindsay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:12:00 -0700, "Dashi Toshii" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Nah, Armstrong will win the ITT even if all of his clothes disintegrate
and
> >he's buck ass nekid!
>
> "You know what the difference between naked and nekid is? Naked means you don't have any clothes
> on. Nekid means you don't have any clothes on and you're up to something!!"
>
> Lewis Grizzard.

Lance is definetly up to something.

Dashii

> ---------------------------------
>
> Lindsay
> ----------------------------
> "One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
> difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
> remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."
>
> P.J. O'Rourke

With the way this tour has gone, we can expect something really exciting and out of the ordinary for
tomorrow's time trial.... can't wait to see what it will be.

"guess who" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "David N. Welton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > I could see nerves causing a crash or two for someone. Especially as it's supposed to be
> > rainy...
> >
> > --
> > David N. Welton Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/ Personal: http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/
> > Free Software: http://www.dedasys.com/freesoftware/ Apache Tcl: http://tcl.apache.org/
>
> weather could cause a problem too.

not to mention the front disc wheel.

"Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "guess who" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "David N. Welton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > I could see nerves causing a crash or two for someone.
Especially as
> > > it's supposed to be rainy...
> >
> > weather could cause a problem too.
>
> not to mention the front disc wheel.

What "front disk"? Jan was riding a 5 spoke deep rim wheel similar to my Dupont Trispokes. While
they aren't all that great in a wind, the wind today was mostly from behind.