TDF decided by mechanical

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ilan Vardi, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. Ilan Vardi

    Ilan Vardi Guest

    A difference of one minute leads to great suspense, but can also mean that the final result can be
    decided by a mechanical problem or crash, as was shown in the Luz Ardiden stage. Of course, in the
    time trial, no one can expect either Armstrong or Ullrich to wait if the other crashes or has a
    flat tire.

    My projection for tomorrow is Ullrich ahead by 45 seconds, of which 20 are due to an Armstrong
    mechanical. This is consistent with Armstrong's bad luck so far, and with his equipment, e.g., his
    "space age" shorts ripping at the seams in the first ITT (though I'm sure he's willing to do the
    race in the buff if they come completely apart during the race).

    -ilan

    Tags:

  2. Guess Who

    Guess Who Guest

  3. Dashi Toshii

    Dashi Toshii Guest

    "Ilan Vardi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > A difference of one minute leads to great suspense, but can also mean that the final result can be
    > decided by a mechanical problem or crash, as was shown in the Luz Ardiden stage. Of course, in the
    > time trial, no one can expect either Armstrong or Ullrich to wait if the other crashes or has a
    > flat tire.
    >
    > My projection for tomorrow is Ullrich ahead by 45 seconds, of which 20 are due to an Armstrong
    > mechanical. This is consistent with Armstrong's bad luck so far, and with his equipment, e.g., his
    > "space age" shorts ripping at the seams in the first ITT (though I'm sure he's willing to do the
    > race in the buff if they come completely apart during the race).
    >
    > -ilan

    Nah, Armstrong will win the ITT even if all of his clothes disintegrate and he's buck ass nekid!

    Dashii

  4. Lindsay

    Lindsay Guest

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:12:00 -0700, "Dashi Toshii" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Nah, Armstrong will win the ITT even if all of his clothes disintegrate and he's buck ass nekid!

    "You know what the difference between naked and nekid is? Naked means you don't have any clothes on.
    Nekid means you don't have any clothes on and you're up to something!!"

    Lewis Grizzard

    ---------------------------------

    Lindsay
    ----------------------------
    "One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
    difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
    remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."

    P.J. O'Rourke

  5. Dashi Toshii

    Dashi Toshii Guest

    "Lindsay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:12:00 -0700, "Dashi Toshii" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Nah, Armstrong will win the ITT even if all of his clothes disintegrate
    and
    > >he's buck ass nekid!
    >
    > "You know what the difference between naked and nekid is? Naked means you don't have any clothes
    > on. Nekid means you don't have any clothes on and you're up to something!!"
    >
    > Lewis Grizzard.

    Lance is definetly up to something.

    Dashii

    > ---------------------------------
    >
    > Lindsay
    > ----------------------------
    > "One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
    > difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
    > remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."
    >
    > P.J. O'Rourke

  6. With the way this tour has gone, we can expect something really exciting and out of the ordinary for
    tomorrow's time trial.... can't wait to see what it will be.

  7. Amit

    Amit Guest

    "guess who" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "David N. Welton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > I could see nerves causing a crash or two for someone. Especially as it's supposed to be
    > > rainy...
    > >
    > > --
    > > David N. Welton Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/ Personal: http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/
    > > Free Software: http://www.dedasys.com/freesoftware/ Apache Tcl: http://tcl.apache.org/
    >
    > weather could cause a problem too.

    not to mention the front disc wheel.

  8. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Amit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "guess who" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "David N. Welton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > I could see nerves causing a crash or two for someone.
    Especially as
    > > > it's supposed to be rainy...
    > >
    > > weather could cause a problem too.
    >
    > not to mention the front disc wheel.

    What "front disk"? Jan was riding a 5 spoke deep rim wheel similar to my Dupont Trispokes. While
    they aren't all that great in a wind, the wind today was mostly from behind.