Tell me if this sounds weird to you. Building my bike

Sora is junk.

There is a woman in the cycling club I go to who rides a Trek 1000 with full sora. (the only reason she would ride such a terrible creation is because the Pilot 5.9 she ordered has not arrived yet)

Whenever she shifts gears the rear derailluer makes a loud squealing sound and after 3-5 seconds of squealing it finally shifts.

I used to have a Nishiki Century with full sora as well...:eek:

Cyclist14 said:
Sora is junk.

There is a woman in the cycling club I go to who rides a Trek 1000 with full sora. (the only reason she would ride such a terrible creation is because the Pilot 5.9 she ordered has not arrived yet)

Whenever she shifts gears the rear derailluer makes a loud squealing sound and after 3-5 seconds of squealing it finally shifts.

Sora's not the best by any stretch of the imagination but I've put quite a few happy miles (including this www.wicklow200.ie) on a Sora machine with no squealing. Then again I cleaned and lubed regularly and got it serviced every other month. It's not that bad.

Tonto said:
Sora's not the best by any stretch of the imagination but I've put quite a few happy miles (including this www.wicklow200.ie) on a Sora machine with no squealing. Then again I cleaned and lubed regularly and got it serviced every other month. It's not that bad.
Yeah, it works when adjusted and lubed. Unadjusted and unlubbed Record and DA is also a POS.

Cyclist14 said:
Sora is junk.

My wife has got Sora on her road bike and I've got DA 9 spd on mine (don't know how I managed this one!). My wife's stuff looks, feels and sounds a little "clunkier" than mine maybe. But it seems to function pretty much just as good as my DA does. We (meaning I really) do keep it well adjusted and lubed. JMO!

Edit:

Wait! That ain't right. My wife's bike has got Tiagra on it not Sora. I think that Tiagra is one level "up" from Sora. So I can't speak to the difference between DA and Sora. Sorry! :eek: