Tent

citizen142

Guest
Planning a cycle/camping trip to France in June.

The Coleman Epsilon 2 tent has caught my eye - seems good value and
only 2.6 kg.

Anyone have one of these tents? If so are you pleased with it and
would you recommend it? Alternatively any other recommendations - must
be under £100.

Cheers.

Have you seen the Saunders range?
They seem well received in the cycle touring circles and the prices are not
too bad. Spa cycles sells them http://www.spacycles.co.uk/ and I'm sure
there are others.

SW

"citizen142" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Planning a cycle/camping trip to France in June.
>
> The Coleman Epsilon 2 tent has caught my eye - seems good value and
> only 2.6 kg.
>
> Anyone have one of these tents? If so are you pleased with it and
> would you recommend it? Alternatively any other recommendations - must
> be under £100.
>
> Cheers.

Saunders often seen s/h in the back of cycling plus and cycle.

Steve W wrote:
> Have you seen the Saunders range?
> They seem well received in the cycle touring circles and the prices arenot
> too bad.

But the prices are generally over £100 (and worth it, IME, I've been
using a Spacepacker for years). You might get lucky with ex dems and
seconds if you call them (020 8500 2447).

www.robertsaunders.co.uk for details of the tents.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

citizen142 wrote:
> Planning a cycle/camping trip to France in June.
>
> The Coleman Epsilon 2 tent has caught my eye - seems good value and
> only 2.6 kg.
>
> Anyone have one of these tents? If so are you pleased with it and
> would you recommend it? Alternatively any other recommendations - must
> be under £100.
>
> Cheers.

No experience of the Epsilon; but I have a similar (cheaper) older
Coleman model, and am v happy with it. It hasn't had to put up with too
much in the line of wind, but has coped v well with scottish rain on
more than one occasion.

I usually use an extra pvc (?) groundsheet that fits nicely in the
carry bag. I have a number of other Coleman products, and am happy with
them all; particularly the Alpine Stove, which is great.

M.