The Fruita experience

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by P e t e F a g e r l i n, Oct 11, 2004.

  1. Tags:

  2. ireman_1

    ireman_1 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2003
  3. Pete F says:

    >http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/fruitaexp.mpg

    I'll have to wait for tomorrow for that one. At least the office has a good
    connection, otherwise I'd never see some stuff (without the assistance of
    others..)

    Steve

  4. MattB

    MattB Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    > I had to put together a 15 minute DVD for some guy and also stuck a
    > low-res version on the web:
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/fruitaexp.mpg

    Cool! I almost feel like I've been there, uh, or something like that.

    Matt

  5. pauly

    pauly Guest

  6. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

  7. supabonbon

    supabonbon Guest

    pauly <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:31:08 -0700, P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote
    > (in article <[email protected]>):
    >
    > > I had to put together a 15 minute DVD for some guy and also stuck a
    > > low-res version on the web:
    > >
    > > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/fruitaexp.mpg

    > Way cool and I even liked the music!

    From "CROM!" to Booker T to Presidents to...ugh! Wow. Funny chorus in
    context.

    Is that The Freak landing a no-footed sackie around half way through?
    I recognize that pink and yellow jersey too.

    The right side drop off the first icarus section made me barf into my
    mouth.

    /s

  8. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    supabonbon wrote:

    > The right side drop off the first icarus section made me barf into my
    > mouth.
    >
    > /s

    Funny, it made me fall off my chair which probably is a sure sign I
    would kill myself on that trail.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot (not fond of heights with obvious exposure)o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  9. JD

    JD Guest

    "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > I had to put together a 15 minute DVD for some guy and also stuck a
    > > low-res version on the web:
    > >
    > > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/fruitaexp.mpg

    > Oh Shit! That Icarus footage had me puckering right here on my sofa! Sick
    > exposure.
    >
    > Mike - yeah, I'm scairt. :^/

    Darth? Afraid of a little triple digit exposure? Try that trail on a
    hardtail with cantis and 2.1" tires at 225 lbs. It gave new meaning
    to the term "bail out".

    My favorite part of the compilation was "Green Onions". The classic
    flowy stuff deserves a classic flowy tune like that.

    JD

  10. JD says:

    >and 2.1" tires at 225 lbs

    Whoa there, JD - go easy on the pump, wouldja? ;-)

    Steve

  11. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    Stephen Baker wrote:
    > JD says:
    >

    >>and 2.1" tires at 225 lbs

    > Whoa there, JD - go easy on the pump, wouldja? ;-)

    No Doubt! That's gotta be one serious HARD tail.

    Shawn

  12. P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
    > I had to put together a 15 minute DVD for some guy and also stuck a
    > low-res version on the web:
    >
    > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/fruitaexp.mpg

    How do you say that? "Froo-ta?" "Froo-ee-tah?"
    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  13. Phil the Squid says:

    >How do you say that? "Froo-ta?" "Froo-ee-tah?"

    I'd always heard it should be "Fweetah", but then again I'm just a lowly
    Least-Coaster... ;-)

    Steve

  14. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in

    message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > > I had to put together a 15 minute DVD for some guy and also stuck a
    > > > low-res version on the web:
    > > >
    > > > http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/fruitaexp.mpg

    > > Oh Shit! That Icarus footage had me puckering right here on my sofa!

    Sick
    > > exposure.
    > >
    > > Mike - yeah, I'm scairt. :^/

    > Darth? Afraid of a little triple digit exposure? Try that trail on a
    > hardtail with cantis and 2.1" tires at 225 lbs. It gave new meaning
    > to the term "bail out".

    Yep. I'd say I'd give it a try but as Yoda says, "Do or do not. There is
    no try."

    > My favorite part of the compilation was "Green Onions". The classic
    > flowy stuff deserves a classic flowy tune like that.

    Amen brotha!

    Darth

  15. Chris Brown

    Chris Brown New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2004
    Gives me something to look forward to the end of the month. Time for the boys to take a ROAD TRIP!

    Good stuff.

    paladin/cdb/whatever

  16. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

  17. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

  18. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    On 13 Oct 2004 00:13:41 GMT, Stephen Baker <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    > Phil the Squid says:
    >
    >> How do you say that? "Froo-ta?" "Froo-ee-tah?"

    > I'd always heard it should be "Fweetah", but then again I'm just a lowly
    > Least-Coaster... ;-)
    >
    > Steve

    Just call it Fruity and call it a day.

    --
    Slacker

  19. Slacker says:

    >Just call it Fruity and call it a day.

    Make your mind up, Slack - do we call it "Fruity" or "a Day?"

    ;-)

  20. Slacker says:

    >How bout Fruity-day :)

    Sold!