Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

The Thread about Nothing....

Started by Hitchy · · Last activity · 81171 posts · 3,053,152 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
29 July 2006
Last activity
6 June 2025
Original author
Hitchy
Posts
81171
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,053,152
Views / 30 days
0
Topics
Crit racingTrack cyclingFTPHydrationIndoor trainersVO2 maxCarbon wheelsCranksetsBib shorts and chamoisCyclocrossDisc brakesPunctures and flatsTime trialsWorldTour teamsCarbon framesClimbingElectronic shiftingRace licensingRear derailleursSteel framesTaper and peakingWet weather gearClassics racingAluminium framesApps and softwareChain lube and cleaningConcussion and head injuryFoot pain while cyclingGran fondosGroup ridingNutritionRace-day nutritionReach and stackRim brakesRim depth and aeroSaddle soresTitanium framesTorque wrenchesTubeless tyresTyre pressureArm and leg warmersBamboo framesBike fitBikepackingBrake padsCantilever and V-brakesCleat positionCycling clothingCycling shoesDerailleur hangersDowntube shiftersE-bikesFat bikingFrame geometryFront derailleursGear indexingGiantGiro d’ItaliaHand and wrist painInner tubesNormalized powerNumbness and nerve issuesPower-to-weight ratioRim tape and valvesRoute planningSaddle heightShort cranksSingle-speed and fixed-gearSportive and fondo pacingStem lengthStrava segmentsTeam tacticsTraining for older ridersTubular tyresWheel weight vs aeroZone 2 trainingBike cleaningWheel buildingAchilles and tendon issuesAero positionAnti-doping in cyclingAsthma and cyclingBase trainingBelt drive systemsBianchiBike fit for back issuesBike lightsBMCBolt torque specsBottom bracket creakBottom bracketsBottom bracket standardsBreakaway tacticsBrooks saddlesBuying a used bikeCable routingCampagnoloCarbon rim brake trackCassettes and freewheelsCervéloChain lengthChainringsChain wearCoaster brakesCold and heat therapyCommutingContact pointsCrank arm lengthCustom frame buildingCycling and ageCycling and heart healthCycling capsCycling computersCycling jerseysCycling World ChampionshipsDomestiquesElectronic shifting firmwareERG modeFeltFixing a punctureFocusFolding bikesFrame cracksFrame paint and decalsFrame protection tapeFrame stiffnessFriction shiftingGeneral-classification ridersGlovesGravelGravel racingHandlebar widthHeadset serviceHeadtube standardsHeart rate trainingHelmetsHome workshop setupHub and axle standardsHub serviceHydraulic brake bleedingIndoor cyclingInternal gear hubsKids' cycling gearKnee painLocal club racingNational championshipsNight ridingOlympic cyclingPara-cyclingPedal choicePinarelloProfessional team equipmentRecumbent cyclingReplacing shift cablesReturning after a long breakReynolds and Columbus tubingRidleyRim brake pad compoundRoad racing tacticsSaddle choiceScottSeatpost complianceSeized partsShifter cable tensionShoulder and collarbone injuriesSmart trainersSpecializedSpoke countSpoke tensionStage racingStep-through bikesSupplementsSweet spot trainingThreshold trainingTouringTraining loadTrekTyre choiceTyre sidewall damageUCI rankings and pointsUrban ridingVelomobilesVintage component identificationVintage lugged framesVuelta a EspañaWheel bearing serviceWheel truingWide tyresWinter ridingWomen's professional racingYetiZwift and virtual ridingBody compositionGrand ToursTraining with powerWeight managementCadel EvansLance ArmstrongEddy MerckxBernard HinaultBradley WigginsChris FroomeGreg LeMondMiguel IndurainRichie PorteTom BoonenAlberto ContadorAlejandro ValverdeFabian CancellaraFausto CoppiGeraint ThomasJan UllrichMarco PantaniMarianne VosMark CavendishMathieu van der PoelPeter SaganPrimož RogličRemco EvenepoelTadej PogačarVincenzo NibaliWout van Aert

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 70061–70080 of 81171
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. matagi said:

    "Old" ex-pro Llama - you forgot the qualifier. :P


    haha, I totally missed that. And on that note... Having someone younger than you claim to be 'old' or 'an old man/woman' has to be one of the most ridiculous things I see. From people born in the 70s/80s too. Now think about it. Yeah. Pretty stupid and disrespectful.

    Out of respect for the true elderly, I'm not old. When I'm 65 or 70, I'm old. Until then, I'm 'getting old', just not there yet.

  2. So they probably got told to pull their heads in. They don't seem to be making any unreasonable claims now.

    Did you see my ace new bike shoes I am gonna market. 100% increase in power and no chance of 'hot foot'

    [IMG]staging.saltyliquid.com.auSlimMetallicPOOLG3.jpg[/IMG]

  3. No hot foot? [censored], your claims are as useless as the rest of them! 🙂

    Image in The Thread about Nothing....

  4. The TAN!

  5. classic1 said:

    The TAN!


    Worst. post. ever. lols.

  6. The old man has been told he needs to undergo chemo, so looks like it was more than first thought. Starts in a few weeks once he's over the first op. This is gunna shave a few kegs off the old boy.

  7. Where did he have his surgery Llama?

  8. matagi said:

    Where did he have his surgery Llama?


    Horsham

  9. gplama said:

    The old man has been told he needs to undergo chemo, so looks like it was more than first thought. Starts in a few weeks once he's over the first op. This is gunna shave a few kegs off the old boy.


    Some upside with the weight loss (we all like a bit of that), but not good mate! Hope it goes OK.

  10. 531Aussie said:


    Oh yeah, speaking of chipping in or holding back: that Noel Coapman whacko on the Cylcing News forum reckons he's invented a superior pedaling technique that partly (majorly?) involves pushing through the top of the stroke while pulling on the bars, like a rower.
    He's been asked a 100 times to simply demonstrate his technique on video, and/or with a powermeter, but he has mysteriously avoided such requests.

    One day I'll crack and go full-[censored] on him, even though I don't have the tech knowledge to back up anything I'd say


    N Crowley. No relation to the guy in the Ozzy song...

    PowerCranks FTW. Don't bother spending to much time pulling up or doing things in places you can't apply too much force, just smash the damn pedals down with the big muscles.

  11. classic1 said:


    So they probably got told to pull their heads in. They don't seem to be making any unreasonable claims now.

    Did you see my ace new bike shoes I am gonna market. 100% increase in power and no chance of 'hot foot'

    [IMG]staging.saltyliquid.com.auSlimMetallicPOOLG3.jpg[/IMG]

    SPD sandals are old news. Now, bring some TAN approved sandals guaranteed to get some action and STD's and you may have something worth viewing. 😉

    Image in The Thread about Nothing....

  12. swampy1970 said:

    N Crowley. No relation to the guy in the Ozzy song...

    PowerCranks FTW. Don't bother spending to much time pulling up or doing things in places you can't apply too much force, just smash the damn pedals down with the big muscles.


    He's been consistent with that argument over the years.

  13. 531Aussie said:

    Oh yeah, speaking of chipping in or holding back: that Noel Coapman whacko on the Cylcing News forum reckons he's invented a superior pedaling technique that partly (majorly?) involves pushing through the top of the stroke while pulling on the bars, like a rower.
    He's been asked a 100 times to simply demonstrate his technique on video, and/or with a powermeter, but he has mysteriously avoided such requests.

    One day I'll crack and go full-[censored] on him, even though I don't have the tech knowledge to back up anything I'd say

    Isn't that principle what led to the Steve Bauer lay back roubaix bike? Didnt work then.....

  14. Hmm. Dunno.I used to have a verysteepseattube on the 753 bike. I liked it. It gave me awesome quads.
    I'm heaps more laid back on the Merckx, which aids longevity in the saddle. It's more glutes. More blurter pressure too but. Don't like that <right now, even if I would in the best of all possible worlds>.
    Might go for friction shifting on the old steel biddy over more modern methods right now.

    And my blurter's ruined again. I wasn't kidding. That was just plain too much work too soon. I farking hope the [censored] calms down again now I've got that hellish drainage job finished. Faaaark. We'll see.

  15. And it's not like I've got any longevity in the saddle these days. It's just been very short rides to the pub in the rain lately, hence that horrible drivetrain photo. I wouldn't have done that to the poor dear if I was matchfit.
    OK. Shift the saddle forward and put a longer stem on. For now.

  16. Helmet Hair said:

    Isn't that principle what led to the Steve Bauer lay back roubaix bike? Didnt work then.....

    I was actually replying to you HH (oh and you too Nev), even if it wasn't obvious. When I was younger I loved the flip flop concept of pedalling, TAN thongs et al excepted. Push down with the heel in the downstroke as early as possible (yes, even over the top) and lift the heel in the upstroke, as one is able.
    Your upper body is still there to use as you see fit.
    I'm a bar puller.

  17. bbp said:


    I'm a bar puller.


    And yet your eyesight seems unimpaired! Amazing! :P

  18. What? Noone else? Really?

  19. I just watched my first free Bigpond Thursday night movie.
    What a pain in the [censored]. Torrents rock.

  20. Yeah, with torrents we can get pretty much everything in a matter of seconds, hard to beat that. 🙂

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.