Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

The Thread about Nothing....

Started by Hitchy · · Last activity · 81179 posts · 3,052,569 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
29 July 2006
Last activity
6 June 2025
Original author
Hitchy
Posts
81179
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,052,569
Views / 30 days
0
Topics
Crit racingTrack cyclingFTPHydrationIndoor trainersVO2 maxCarbon wheelsCranksetsBib shorts and chamoisCyclocrossDisc brakesPunctures and flatsTime trialsWorldTour teamsCarbon framesClimbingElectronic shiftingRace licensingRear derailleursSteel framesTaper and peakingWet weather gearClassics racingAluminium framesApps and softwareChain lube and cleaningConcussion and head injuryFoot pain while cyclingGran fondosGroup ridingNutritionRace-day nutritionReach and stackRim brakesRim depth and aeroSaddle soresTitanium framesTorque wrenchesTubeless tyresTyre pressureArm and leg warmersBamboo framesBike fitBikepackingBrake padsCantilever and V-brakesCleat positionCycling clothingCycling shoesDerailleur hangersDowntube shiftersE-bikesFat bikingFrame geometryFront derailleursGear indexingGiantGiro d’ItaliaHand and wrist painInner tubesNormalized powerNumbness and nerve issuesPower-to-weight ratioRim tape and valvesRoute planningSaddle heightShort cranksSingle-speed and fixed-gearSportive and fondo pacingStem lengthStrava segmentsTeam tacticsTraining for older ridersTubular tyresWheel weight vs aeroZone 2 trainingBike cleaningWheel buildingAchilles and tendon issuesAero positionAnti-doping in cyclingAsthma and cyclingBase trainingBelt drive systemsBianchiBike fit for back issuesBike lightsBMCBolt torque specsBottom bracket creakBottom bracketsBottom bracket standardsBreakaway tacticsBrooks saddlesBuying a used bikeCable routingCampagnoloCarbon rim brake trackCassettes and freewheelsCervéloChain lengthChainringsChain wearCoaster brakesCold and heat therapyCommutingContact pointsCrank arm lengthCustom frame buildingCycling and ageCycling and heart healthCycling capsCycling computersCycling jerseysCycling World ChampionshipsDomestiquesElectronic shifting firmwareERG modeFeltFixing a punctureFocusFolding bikesFrame cracksFrame paint and decalsFrame protection tapeFrame stiffnessFriction shiftingGeneral-classification ridersGlovesGravelGravel racingHandlebar widthHeadset serviceHeadtube standardsHeart rate trainingHelmetsHome workshop setupHub and axle standardsHub serviceHydraulic brake bleedingIndoor cyclingInternal gear hubsKids' cycling gearKnee painLocal club racingNational championshipsNight ridingOlympic cyclingPara-cyclingPedal choicePinarelloProfessional team equipmentRecumbent cyclingReplacing shift cablesReturning after a long breakReynolds and Columbus tubingRidleyRim brake pad compoundRoad racing tacticsSaddle choiceScottSeatpost complianceSeized partsShifter cable tensionShoulder and collarbone injuriesSmart trainersSpecializedSpoke countSpoke tensionStage racingStep-through bikesSupplementsSweet spot trainingThreshold trainingTouringTraining loadTrekTyre choiceTyre sidewall damageUCI rankings and pointsUrban ridingVelomobilesVintage component identificationVintage lugged framesVuelta a EspañaWheel bearing serviceWheel truingWide tyresWinter ridingWomen's professional racingYetiZwift and virtual ridingBody compositionGrand ToursTraining with powerWeight managementCadel EvansLance ArmstrongEddy MerckxBernard HinaultBradley WigginsChris FroomeGreg LeMondMiguel IndurainRichie PorteTom BoonenAlberto ContadorAlejandro ValverdeFabian CancellaraFausto CoppiGeraint ThomasJan UllrichMarco PantaniMarianne VosMark CavendishMathieu van der PoelPeter SaganPrimož RogličRemco EvenepoelTadej PogačarVincenzo NibaliWout van Aert

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 74321–74340 of 81179
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. classic1 said:

    He hits a catseye on the road. See the back wheel buckle

    Yep spot on.

  2. I forgot to share my 'news'. I was out riding one morning last week (about 5am). Anyway I am normally fairly observant much like a fat chick to an unattended Kraft cheese stick. Sadly not so much this particular morning. Approaching a red light I slowed up a touch and then proceeded to turn left through the intersection on the red light - as you typically do in an empty intersection at 5am in the country.

    Sadly I didnt do my obligatory head check behind just to be sure of fivo-o. Sure enough 10 seconds later the cops have me pulled over at 5am for running a red light. $100 fine for not having my car licence in my possession and $400 fine for running a red light (apparently this has just gone up for cyclists in NSW).

    $500 for a mornings work. Welcome to NSW.

  3. That will teach u for moving to nsw. Shift to wodonga

  4. Wilchemy said:

    Did you get a free cap lama? I didn't.

    I may have a spare [censored] if you get stuck. Gotta choose if I will ride the retro roadie or retro MTB this year.

    Yep! Got caps.

    Now need to find a [censored] bike! Sniffing around eBay. Happy to ride anything, honestly... but I won't drive 20km for a $10 bike. Might hang out at the primary school and offer some kids cash for their rides.... lols.

  5. Tony Martin looks like he's got squinty pig eyes when he's got his hurting face on. 😄
    Where's his glasses?

  6. gplama said:

    Yep! Got caps.

    Score! I got one last year but couldn't get down early enough this time.

    Good luck in the [censored] search. Melbourne Hire Bikes are always an option too, apparently.

  7. Oh and another thing. I think it all happened while I was away. But did Jono just announce he is gay and then ditch us on the TAN? Whats with that? Hope he is loving the corporate life after the bike.

  8. I tip Bosen Hagen. Looks strong enough to cover moves. Can sprint

  9. Haussler riding better position now

  10. Hayman for a top five.

    Boonen for the win

  11. Hayman is a ripper. Reminds me of him turning himself inside out at the Comm Games in Melbourne.

  12. Awesome. I'd rather have more races like this instead of some of boring [censored] we get in the Grand Tours

  13. Now that was [censored] AWESOME!!!!

  14. Unbelievable!

  15. Hayman you [censored] superstar!!!!

  16. OH MY FARKIN GORD!! 😄 😄 😄 😄

  17. classic1 said:

    [censored] that's racist classic1.

    I don't know what to make of any of it it's so odd, other than that poor little girl. Saw the grandfather on tv yesterday. Sounded genuine to me , but the whole thing is strange


    It won't take the police long to sort it out. If the story's been fabricated in any way, the facade will quickly tumble.

  18. Not sure if any of the others who got into the velodrome with Hayman are former track riders, but Hayman really did a number on them. Amazing finish!

  19. VadarStrikesBack said:

    I forgot to share my 'news'. I was out riding one morning last week (about 5am). Anyway I am normally fairly observant much like a fat chick to an unattended Kraft cheese stick. Sadly not so much this particular morning. Approaching a red light I slowed up a touch and then proceeded to turn left through the intersection on the red light - as you typically do in an empty intersection at 5am in the country.

    Sadly I didnt do my obligatory head check behind just to be sure of fivo-o. Sure enough 10 seconds later the cops have me pulled over at 5am for running a red light. $100 fine for not having my car licence in my possession and $400 fine for running a red light (apparently this has just gone up for cyclists in NSW).

    $500 for a mornings work. Welcome to NSW.

    There is no need to carry a photo ID in NSW. That part of the legislation wasn't passed. It is meant to come in next year but odds on it will be dropped.

    Your example reminds me of riding over train crossings. I have a quick look for trains and a really good look for the wallopers. You would have to be deaf and blind not to notice a train when cycling.

  20. Where are you living these days Vadar?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.