Thieving Gits (UK)

Status

Phil.Winterbour

Guest
Some total ******* broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(

The chances are slim but..... if anyone offers you a cheap silver Orange Sub5 with Fox forks please
let me know. frame No. 19D 02 9206

The good news is I'm insured, but I still want them nicked.

Phil

Bomba

Guest
Phil.Winterbourne wrote:
> Some total ******* broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(
>
> The chances are slim but..... if anyone offers you a cheap silver Orange Sub5 with Fox forks
> please let me know. frame No. 19D 02 9206
>
> The good news is I'm insured, but I still want them nicked.

Sorry to hear that, know how it feels.

Racerx3165

Guest
My old roomate had his Trek Y-33 with Spinergy rims stolen and he didnt have insurance so he stopped
biking, so if you see one floating around in the Mass. area it might be his. :(

Phil Squire

Guest
"Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Some total ******* broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(

Anything else stolen?

Phil

> The chances are slim but..... if anyone offers you a cheap silver Orange Sub5 with Fox forks
> please let me know. frame No. 19D 02 9206
>
> The good news is I'm insured, but I still want them nicked.
>
> Phil

Just Zis Guy

Guest
On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:25:13 +0000, "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Some total ******* broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(

I think we all know the proper penalty by now: CUT THEIR GOOLIES OFF! It's the only language these
people understand.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

Phil.Winterbour

Guest
Phil Squire wrote:

> "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Some total ******* broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(
> >
> Anything else stolen?

Unfortunately yes - my keys. This may not sound too bad but it means getting house and two cars
fitted with new locks. The RAC were very good though - they came tonight to take the cars to secure
storage until I can arrange for the new locks. What amazes me is the stupid sods took the keys but
left the cars stood on the drive!?

The bike was in the utility room, the Police think they were 'opportunist' i.e. just 'popped' the
door, grabbed the first thing of value they could find & did a runner. They must have been bloody
quick as the dogs didn't have time to wake me up.

The locksmith is coming in the morning so I'll be keeping my Ice Axe close to hand tonight & the
dogs will have the run of the place. The police say that once you have been 'done' the bastards are
likely to come back so I'll also have the expense of lots of security locks and an alarm.

Phil

John Harlow

Guest
"Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Some total ******* broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(
>
> The chances are slim but..... if anyone offers you a cheap silver Orange Sub5 with Fox forks
> please let me know. frame No. 19D 02 9206
>
> The good news is I'm insured, but I still want them nicked.

Fuckers. I hope they take a long ride on a short cliff.

Cinder Girl

Guest
"Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Some total ******* broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(
>
> The chances are slim but..... if anyone offers you a cheap silver Orange Sub5 with Fox forks
> please let me know. frame No. 19D 02 9206
>
> The good news is I'm insured, but I still want them nicked.
>
> Phil

Grrrrr. Sorry to hear about this! I've often wished it were possible to install some sort of defense
mechanism on my bike. Maybe a nice electric shock if you touch my bike. Of course the practical
implications of this are many ... how would I power such a system, what happens if I have it set to
"toast" and some innocent accidentally brushes my bike. But still, after having my bike stolen I
wish I wish I wish!!!!

Chris French

Guest
In message <[email protected]>, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<[email protected]> writes
>On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:25:13 +0000, "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Some total ******* broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(
>
>I think we all know the proper penalty by now: CUT THEIR GOOLIES OFF! It's the only language these
>people understand.

What appropriate punishment do you suggest for women Guy.......?
--
Chris French, Leeds

The Reeper

Guest
>CUT THEIR GOOLIES OFF!

FOR SURE! My dad had his roadie stolen several years back after having it for two days.

Peter

--
"We are free to be free." Nelson Mandela

"Politics is much too important a matter to be left to the politicians." Charles de Gaulle

Phil Squire

Guest
"Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Grrrrr. Sorry to hear about this! I've often wished it were possible to install some sort of
> defense mechanism on my bike.

What about a hidden GPS like that thing you can get for cars? Activated by a phone call, built into
the downtube and weightless of course...

Phil

Phil.Winterbour

Guest
Thanks all, it makes me feel better to know you know how I feel.

Phil

Mattb

Guest
"Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Some total ******* broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(
> >
> > The chances are slim but..... if anyone offers you a cheap silver Orange Sub5 with Fox forks
> > please let me know. frame No. 19D 02 9206
> >
> > The good news is I'm insured, but I still want them nicked.
> >
> > Phil
>
> Grrrrr. Sorry to hear about this! I've often wished it were possible to install some sort of
> defense mechanism on my bike. Maybe a nice electric shock if you touch my bike. Of course the
> practical implications of this are many ... how would I power such a system, what happens if
> I have it
set
> to "toast" and some innocent accidentally brushes my bike. But still,
after
> having my bike stolen I wish I wish I wish!!!!

A better solution (barring the powering limitations you mention) would be a remotely activated
electro-shock and homing device. Once you know your bike is gone, activate the device to stop anyone
who may be in contact with it and send out a homing signal.

Of course just the homing signal like they put in cars would be pretty good too. Just not the
instant revenge/gratification of harming the thief.

Matt

Phil Squire

Guest
"Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Phil Squire wrote:
> >
> > "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Some total ******* broke into my house last night and nicked my bike
:-(

> > Anything else stolen?
> >

> Unfortunately yes - my keys.

Phil

Really sorry to hear about this. I had a bike stolen once, opportunist as well, nearly caught the
bugger as well.

Phil

> Phil

Phil.Winterbour

Guest
Phil Squire wrote:

> "Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Grrrrr. Sorry to hear about this! I've often wished it were possible to install some sort of
> > defense mechanism on my bike.
>
> What about a hidden GPS like that thing you can get for cars? Activated by a phone call, built
> into the downtube and weightless of course...
>
> Phil

How about a hidden spike in the seat tube set to go off once someone is sitting on it and it's
armed. I could just press the button now and go to bed with a vindictive smile on my face.

Phil

Taywood

Guest
Phil Squire wrote:
> "Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Grrrrr. Sorry to hear about this! I've often wished it were possible to install some sort of
>> defense mechanism on my bike.
>
> What about a hidden GPS like that thing you can get for cars? Activated by a phone call, built
> into the downtube and weightless of course...

Could that GPS be made to contain an explosive device? I like to dream that one day I could wreak
vengeance in this manner. Mike

Gabrielle

Guest
On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:25:13 -0800, Phil.Winterbourne wrote:

> Some total ******* broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(

Rat Bastards!

gabrielle (BTDT)

Mike Vandeman

Guest
On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:25:13 +0000, "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote:

.Some total ******* broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(

He did you a BIG favor, saving you from a painful death....

.The chances are slim but..... if anyone offers you a cheap silver Orange .Sub5 with Fox forks
please let me know. frame No. 19D 02 9206 . .The good news is I'm insured, but I still want them
nicked. . .Phil

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

J'M Sm'Th

*****. All you need is to hire a damed good sniper.

--
J'm

To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes ..._._

Surgius

Guest
news:p[email protected]...
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:25:13 +0000, "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .Some total ******* broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(
>
> He did you a BIG favor, saving you from a painful death....

Are you threatening him?

I have already forwarded this message to your ISP, and the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.