Thieving Gits (UK)

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Phil.Winterbour, Jan 24, 2003.

  1. Some total bastard broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(

    The chances are slim but..... if anyone offers you a cheap silver Orange Sub5 with Fox forks please
    let me know. frame No. 19D 02 9206

    The good news is I'm insured, but I still want them nicked.

    Phil

    Tags:

  2. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Phil.Winterbourne wrote:
    > Some total bastard broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(
    >
    > The chances are slim but..... if anyone offers you a cheap silver Orange Sub5 with Fox forks
    > please let me know. frame No. 19D 02 9206
    >
    > The good news is I'm insured, but I still want them nicked.

    Sorry to hear that, know how it feels.

  3. Racerx3165

    Racerx3165 Guest

    My old roomate had his Trek Y-33 with Spinergy rims stolen and he didnt have insurance so he stopped
    biking, so if you see one floating around in the Mass. area it might be his. :(

  4. Phil Squire

    Phil Squire Guest

    "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Some total bastard broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(

    Anything else stolen?

    Phil

    > The chances are slim but..... if anyone offers you a cheap silver Orange Sub5 with Fox forks
    > please let me know. frame No. 19D 02 9206
    >
    > The good news is I'm insured, but I still want them nicked.
    >
    > Phil

  5. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:25:13 +0000, "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Some total bastard broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(

    I think we all know the proper penalty by now: CUT THEIR GOOLIES OFF! It's the only language these
    people understand.

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  6. Phil Squire wrote:

    > "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Some total bastard broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(
    > >
    > Anything else stolen?

    Unfortunately yes - my keys. This may not sound too bad but it means getting house and two cars
    fitted with new locks. The RAC were very good though - they came tonight to take the cars to secure
    storage until I can arrange for the new locks. What amazes me is the stupid sods took the keys but
    left the cars stood on the drive!?

    The bike was in the utility room, the Police think they were 'opportunist' i.e. just 'popped' the
    door, grabbed the first thing of value they could find & did a runner. They must have been bloody
    quick as the dogs didn't have time to wake me up.

    The locksmith is coming in the morning so I'll be keeping my Ice Axe close to hand tonight & the
    dogs will have the run of the place. The police say that once you have been 'done' the bastards are
    likely to come back so I'll also have the expense of lots of security locks and an alarm.

    Phil

  7. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Some total bastard broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(
    >
    > The chances are slim but..... if anyone offers you a cheap silver Orange Sub5 with Fox forks
    > please let me know. frame No. 19D 02 9206
    >
    > The good news is I'm insured, but I still want them nicked.

    Fuckers. I hope they take a long ride on a short cliff.

  8. Cinder Girl

    Cinder Girl Guest

    "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Some total bastard broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(
    >
    > The chances are slim but..... if anyone offers you a cheap silver Orange Sub5 with Fox forks
    > please let me know. frame No. 19D 02 9206
    >
    > The good news is I'm insured, but I still want them nicked.
    >
    > Phil

    Grrrrr. Sorry to hear about this! I've often wished it were possible to install some sort of defense
    mechanism on my bike. Maybe a nice electric shock if you touch my bike. Of course the practical
    implications of this are many ... how would I power such a system, what happens if I have it set to
    "toast" and some innocent accidentally brushes my bike. But still, after having my bike stolen I
    wish I wish I wish!!!!

  9. Chris French

    Chris French Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
    <[email protected]> writes
    >On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:25:13 +0000, "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Some total bastard broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(
    >
    >I think we all know the proper penalty by now: CUT THEIR GOOLIES OFF! It's the only language these
    >people understand.

    What appropriate punishment do you suggest for women Guy.......?
    --
    Chris French, Leeds

  10. The Reeper

    The Reeper Guest

    >CUT THEIR GOOLIES OFF!

    FOR SURE! My dad had his roadie stolen several years back after having it for two days.

    Peter

    --
    "We are free to be free." Nelson Mandela

    "Politics is much too important a matter to be left to the politicians." Charles de Gaulle

  11. Phil Squire

    Phil Squire Guest

    "Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Grrrrr. Sorry to hear about this! I've often wished it were possible to install some sort of
    > defense mechanism on my bike.

    What about a hidden GPS like that thing you can get for cars? Activated by a phone call, built into
    the downtube and weightless of course...

    Phil

  12. Thanks all, it makes me feel better to know you know how I feel.

    Phil

  13. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Some total bastard broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(
    > >
    > > The chances are slim but..... if anyone offers you a cheap silver Orange Sub5 with Fox forks
    > > please let me know. frame No. 19D 02 9206
    > >
    > > The good news is I'm insured, but I still want them nicked.
    > >
    > > Phil
    >
    > Grrrrr. Sorry to hear about this! I've often wished it were possible to install some sort of
    > defense mechanism on my bike. Maybe a nice electric shock if you touch my bike. Of course the
    > practical implications of this are many ... how would I power such a system, what happens if
    > I have it
    set
    > to "toast" and some innocent accidentally brushes my bike. But still,
    after
    > having my bike stolen I wish I wish I wish!!!!

    A better solution (barring the powering limitations you mention) would be a remotely activated
    electro-shock and homing device. Once you know your bike is gone, activate the device to stop anyone
    who may be in contact with it and send out a homing signal.

    Of course just the homing signal like they put in cars would be pretty good too. Just not the
    instant revenge/gratification of harming the thief.

    Matt

  14. Phil Squire

    Phil Squire Guest

    "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Phil Squire wrote:
    > >
    > > "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Some total bastard broke into my house last night and nicked my bike
    :-(

    > > Anything else stolen?
    > >

    > Unfortunately yes - my keys.

    Phil

    Really sorry to hear about this. I had a bike stolen once, opportunist as well, nearly caught the
    bugger as well.

    Phil

  15. Phil Squire wrote:

    > "Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > Grrrrr. Sorry to hear about this! I've often wished it were possible to install some sort of
    > > defense mechanism on my bike.
    >
    > What about a hidden GPS like that thing you can get for cars? Activated by a phone call, built
    > into the downtube and weightless of course...
    >
    > Phil

    How about a hidden spike in the seat tube set to go off once someone is sitting on it and it's
    armed. I could just press the button now and go to bed with a vindictive smile on my face.

    Phil

  16. Taywood

    Taywood Guest

    Phil Squire wrote:
    > "Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >> Grrrrr. Sorry to hear about this! I've often wished it were possible to install some sort of
    >> defense mechanism on my bike.
    >
    > What about a hidden GPS like that thing you can get for cars? Activated by a phone call, built
    > into the downtube and weightless of course...

    Could that GPS be made to contain an explosive device? I like to dream that one day I could wreak
    vengeance in this manner. Mike

  17. Gabrielle

    Gabrielle Guest

    On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:25:13 -0800, Phil.Winterbourne wrote:

    > Some total bastard broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(

    Rat Bastards!

    gabrielle (BTDT)

  18. On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:25:13 +0000, "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    .Some total bastard broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(

    He did you a BIG favor, saving you from a painful death....

    .The chances are slim but..... if anyone offers you a cheap silver Orange .Sub5 with Fox forks
    please let me know. frame No. 19D 02 9206 . .The good news is I'm insured, but I still want them
    nicked. . .Phil

    ===

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

  19. J'M Sm'Th

    J'M Sm'Th Guest

    On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:25:13 +0000 "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Some total bastard broke into my house last night and nicked my bike
    > :-(
    >
    > The chances are slim but..... if anyone offers you a cheap silver Orange Sub5 with Fox forks
    > please let me know. frame No. 19D 02 9206
    >
    > The good news is I'm insured, but I still want them nicked.
    >
    > Phil

    Fucks. All you need is to hire a damed good sniper.

    --
    J'm

    To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes ..._._

  20. Surgius

    Surgius Guest

    news:p[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:25:13 +0000, "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > .Some total bastard broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(
    >
    > He did you a BIG favor, saving you from a painful death....

    Are you threatening him?

    I have already forwarded this message to your ISP, and the police.