Thieving Gits (UK)

Simon wrote:
> "penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Simon wrote/PhotoAlbum11.html
>>>
>>> Is this the return of MV?
>>>
>>> Simon....suspicious!
>>
>> Simon would you please get your head out of your ass and 1. stop replying to thiis stuff and 2.
>> stop crossposting it???
>>

> Not that flexible my dear.
> 1. what does it matter to which I reply, if you dont like it block me!
> 2. I didnt realise it was cross posted, but what does it matter.
>
> Simon.........Freedom of speech, freedom of text, freedom to block!

you crossposted to something like 5 groups at least
alt.mountain-bike,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,sci.enviro nment ( the standard
lineup for any HWMNBN reply) And I saw it in another group first, not here.

I"d hate to plonk you as a HWMNBN repsonder because you are rather amusing at times... but the
bigger question for you is why reply to it at all?? It's wasted bandwidth.

Please refer to bombas FAQ if you really need to know more about this.

"penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| Simon wrote:
| > "penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| > news:[email protected]...
| >> Simon wrote/PhotoAlbum11.html

| >> Simon would you please get your head out of your ass and 1. stop replying to thiis stuff and 2.
| >> stop crossposting it???
| >>

| > Not that flexible my dear.
| > 1. what does it matter to which I reply, if you dont like it block me!
| > 2. I didnt realise it was cross posted, but what does it matter.
| >
| > Simon.........Freedom of speech, freedom of text, freedom to block!
|
| you crossposted to something like 5 groups at least

alt.mountain-bike,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,sci.enviro
| nment ( the standard lineup for any HWMNBN reply) And I saw it in another group first, not here.
|

| I"d hate to plonk you as a HWMNBN repsonder because you are rather amusing at times... but the
| bigger question for you is why reply to it at all?? It's wasted bandwidth.
|
| Please refer to bombas FAQ if you really need to know more about this.

I simply replied to a message and made an observation......... like oh so many other people do. I
pay for my internet access and will use any bandwidth I deem necessary for whatever purpose I
choose. Also if its an issue of bandwidth then your replies are using more bandwidth than my
original posts.

Label me! put me in a box and stereotype me! it only reflects on yourself not me.

Simon....... call me what you want I am still me!

"penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Simon wrote:
> > "penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> Simon wrote/PhotoAlbum11.html

> >> Simon would you please get your head out of your ass and 1. stop replying to thiis stuff and 2.
> >> stop crossposting it???
> >>

> > Not that flexible my dear.
> > 1. what does it matter to which I reply, if you dont like it block me!
> > 2. I didnt realise it was cross posted, but what does it matter.
> >
> > Simon.........Freedom of speech, freedom of text, freedom to block!
>
> you crossposted to something like 5 groups at least

alt.mountain-bike,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,sci.enviro
> nment ( the standard lineup for any HWMNBN reply) And I saw it in another group first, not here.
>

> I"d hate to plonk you as a HWMNBN repsonder because you are rather amusing at times... but the
> bigger question for you is why reply to it at all?? It's wasted bandwidth.
>
> Please refer to bombas FAQ if you really need to know more about this.

LOL, bandwidth nazis...

in 97 i had a raleigh m-80 w/ a rock shox Q21R and many mods on it stolen by a roomie who was
selling drugs out of the apt i was staying in while at automotive school... never got it back... I
had $1500 ( us dollars) in that bike.... i was ready to kill somebody..... I didnt have any kind of
insurance. i didnt ride for a few years.... I got a mid 90s haro vector v4s from a friend for $50
(us) about a month ago.....now i lock my bike up even when in my apt

http://community.webtv.net/lone_wolf_1971/lonewolfswebpage

Phil.Winterbourne <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Some total ******* broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(
>
> The chances are slim but..... if anyone offers you a cheap silver Orange Sub5 with Fox forks
> please let me know. frame No. 19D 02 9206
>
> The good news is I'm insured, but I still want them nicked.
>
> Phil

Wankers - Sorry to hear it Phil. That sucks.

Shaun aRe

Cinder Girl <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Some total ******* broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(
> >
> > The chances are slim but..... if anyone offers you a cheap silver Orange Sub5 with Fox forks
> > please let me know. frame No. 19D 02 9206
> >
> > The good news is I'm insured, but I still want them nicked.
> >
> > Phil
>
> Grrrrr. Sorry to hear about this! I've often wished it were possible to install some sort of
> defense mechanism on my bike. Maybe a nice electric shock if you touch my bike. Of course the
> practical implications of this are many ... how would I power such a system, what happens if
> I have it
set
> to "toast" and some innocent accidentally brushes my bike. But still,
after
> having my bike stolen I wish I wish I wish!!!!

I often considered doing this, and have the means to generate 30 to 40 Kv's from a compact enough
unit. Thing is, and the reason I won't do it is this: WTF ya gonna do if it turns itself on when yer
riding at 20 + mph in heavy traffic or down a steep and dangerous trail?

Shaun aRe

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> writes:

>On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 22:54:19 +0000, chris French <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>I think we all know the proper penalty by now: CUT THEIR GOOLIES OFF! It's the only language
>>>these people understand.

>>What appropriate punishment do you suggest for women Guy.......?

>As should be obvious to any gentleman, ladies would surely never stoop so low as to nick
>someone's bike.

That's why an excellent anti-theft precaution is to decorate your bike in a girly way.

--
Chris Malcolm [email protected] +44 (0)131 650 3085 School of Artificial Intelligence, Division of
Informatics Edinburgh University, 5 Forrest Hill, Edinburgh, EH1 2QL, UK

chris French <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> In message <[email protected]>, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
> <[email protected]> writes
> >On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:25:13 +0000, "Phil.Winterbourne" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >>Some total ******* broke into my house last night and nicked my bike :-(
> >
> >I think we all know the proper penalty by now: CUT THEIR GOOLIES OFF! It's the only language
> >these people understand.
> >

> What appropriate punishment do you suggest for women Guy.......?

I'd suggest sewing balls on them. (2 birds/one stone).

> Chris French, Leeds

Everyone I know who has been, has got lost in traffic in Leeds.

Shaun aRe

> I'd post an untrimmed copy of someone else's post, but that would be as much of a waste of
> bendwidth as an authentic Vandespam.
>
> ===
> MV is working on creating usenet postings that are off-limits to sense ("pure ********"). Want to
> help? (he spent the previous 8 years flooding usenet with ****.)

How true!

In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys
at the keyboard of "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Everyone I know who has been, has got lost in traffic in Leeds.

Not me guv. I went there regularly whilst living in Sheffield, and never got lost.

I suppose the fact that I made the journey by train many times before I first cycled it may have
helped. And what a terrible train line for one connecting two of our biggest cities!

--
Wear your paunch with pride!

> On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 10:00:14 -0000, "Taywood" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> .Surgius wrote: .> "Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message . .Stop this cross
> posting NOW. . .You have committed a cardinal sin, you have allowed .MV access to the UK, despite
> all our Nation's enhanced .security checks.
>
> Too late. I was already there in July. Not a very attractive place to visit, I must say. Except
> for the great Indian restaurants. :)
>
> .We have no paving slab protection against this erudite moron .so whether you know of his
> activities or not .please do Block Sender now. .Mike
>
> ===
> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to
> help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

I think you'll find God just caused an infinite amount of damage compared to MTBers here in Aus,
kind of puts your ravings in the proper perspective, though you're undoubtedly too ****ing stupid to
realise it.

Nick Kew <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite
monkeys
> at the keyboard of "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Everyone I know who has been, has got lost in traffic in Leeds.
>
> Not me guv. I went there regularly whilst living in Sheffield, and never got lost.
>
> I suppose the fact that I made the journey by train many times before I first cycled it may have
> helped. And what a terrible train line for one connecting two of our biggest cities!

That doesn't count. It only counts if you drive in, having rarely or never been there before,
expecting it to have fairly 'normal' roads. That one way system in and around the centre is the
spawn of Satan's more evil and twisted twin sister.

Shaun aRe