Those vehicle horns in the Tour de France. Get them??

stormer94

May 19, 2004
You know what I'm talking about, the really fast horn that goes (and repeats really REALLY fast) "...de-dil'ah de-dil'ahde-dil'ah de-dil'ah de-dil'ah de-dil'ah..."

About 5 repeats of "...de-dil'ah..." in about 2 seconds. Horn is very fast.

Where can you buy those horns? I thought it would be fun to put one on my car. :)

Go ahead and make fun of my estimation on how to make the sound... I'm chuckling at how absurd it sounds. But I would like the horn.

stormer94 said:
You know what I'm talking about, the really fast horn that goes (and repeats really REALLY fast) "...de-dil'ah de-dil'ahde-dil'ah de-dil'ah de-dil'ah de-dil'ah..."

Where can you buy those horns? I thought it would be fun to put one on my car. :)

Go ahead and make fun of my estimation on how to make the sound... I'm chuckling at how absurd it sounds. But I would like the horn.
:D I'm sure it's an import item.

By the way, it's the Tour DAY France! Don't you listen to Bob Roll? ;) I want to party with that dude.

I just googled and didn't happen to see the de-dil'ah horns but this police horn came up...
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...tom-0/p-2009066/N-111+10201+600002600/c-10101

Doctor Morbius said:
:D I'm sure it's an import item.

By the way, it's the Tour DAY France! Don't you listen to Bob Roll? ;) I want to party with that dude.

I just googled and didn't happen to see the de-dil'ah horns but this police horn came up...
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...tom-0/p-2009066/N-111+10201+600002600/c-10101

Anyone in Europe know what these horns are called or who makes them? I like the sound, too.

I'd like to fit my car with one. That way if I see a group of cyclists I'll just use that horn to let them know I'm going to pass :) It's less "agressive" than a regular honk on the horn.

stormer94 said:

+1

jcwhitney had a "3 tone turkey horn" - wonder if that would be it..