thoughts on GIANT CRX-4

ruhayel

Oct 16, 2007
I am thinking of purchasing a giant CRX 4 to be used for cycling touring (here and abroad) and as a mode of trasport around Perth

does anyone have any thoughts on the bike?

I have also tried a sublime (cant remember the model) - but the moustache handle bars and the more upright riding position make me think twice of how comfortable a longer ride on a bike tour will be.

any help appreciated.

thanks

rasha

It's a great bike for the price. However if you can afford a little extra, go for the City or City Pro.

ruhayel said:
I am thinking of purchasing a giant CRX 4 to be used for cycling touring (here and abroad) and as a mode of trasport around Perth

does anyone have any thoughts on the bike?

I have also tried a sublime (cant remember the model) - but the moustache handle bars and the more upright riding position make me think twice of how comfortable a longer ride on a bike tour will be.

any help appreciated.

thanks

rasha
I tried out the CX4 as well. I opted for a Gary Marshall Wingra. They sell them at Bike force in Subiaco. I got mine for $665. Trust me its a better bike.

http://www.fisherbikes.com/bike/model/wingra

gclark8 said:
Why should we trust you?? I could not find $150 more bike in the Fisher. :confused:

The Giant CRX4 still remains the best bang for the buck in the Aus market. :D
I tested them closely. I also tested the Avanti Blade Sport and a entry level Specialiized. The Gary Fisher Wingra is the best bike for the money.

Try it and you will see. :)

I am not keen on spending more than ~ $500 on the bike as I am hoping to get a rack and some paniers and other such things.

It seems from these posts and others that I have been that the CRX4 is a pretty good bike overall without having to spend too much money

I brought a CRX 4 myself. I did 40 km the other weekend no problems. It shifts cleanly and is so much faster than my old Malvern Star mountain bike. Tomorrow I will commute 32 km to work on it. I added bar ends so I could change my hand positions

The presta valves where giving me the ***** but an adapter solved that problem. I am 190 cm and weigh 105 kg and so far ( knock on wood) have had no problems with the rims, spokes etc.

Of course I would have liked to buy a CRX 1 but what with paying for kids braces etc this was about all I could afford.

Its good for the price.