thoughts on the fuji roubaix acr 3.0

schoi219

Apr 21, 2012
hi everyone. im a new member on the cycling forums and i just wanted to get some advice.
well i just found an ad for the 2010 fuji roubaix acr 3.0 on craigslist for $525 and wanted to know if it was a good deal or not.
oh and the frame size is 58cm and would that be too big or just right for me ( im about 5'10)
quick replies would be appreciated
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/bik/2971904858.html link here

Even though the MSRP of the current Roubaix 3.0 is over $1000, the going price for new Sora-equipped bikes with aluminum frames is more like $800-900. This is an older bike with carbon seatstays and 9-speed Tiagra controls, a bit of an upgrade. Nice bike

Moot points, because this frame looks more like 60 cm and at 5'10" you should be looking at frames in the 54-57 cm range.

That looks like a very good deal. I'd be concerned about the size but it if you have longish legs it might be fine. You probably need about a 33 inch inseam at least. The most basic thing about a bike fit is that you need to be able to stand over the top tube with at least an inch of clearance. If that is ok then your reach to the handlebars is the next thing. (There is more to it than this of course.) You'll have to try it to see for sure but it could very well be too big.

thank you guys for the replies. ive decided not to purchase the bike.
but any thoughts on any decent entry level bikes for under $1000??
i looked at a couple and im kinda leaning towards the specialized allez

Can't go wrong with an Allez.

By the way, AlanG, a 5'10" rider with long legs might be able to straddle a 60, but long legs mean short torso which is easily over-extended. When sizing modern frames, the key dimensions that are widely available or easily discerned with all frames are horizontal top tube and head tube lengths. The seat tube length is used only because it's traditional and it gives a hint as to the more relevant dimensions. But it's only a hint.