Tommy D?

ST wrote:

> ********........
> That has been there philosophy. Many others will agree. You want to take a
> few scenarios and just argue your point. If you would just accept your
> sexuality maybe you will not be so offensive anymore.......

Dumbass -

Please refute the facts.

I repeat: in the TdF, Hincapie was not a "team leader". Discovery
didn't ride in
support of any one person. Moreover, Hincapie was the lone American on
the TdF team, the rest were Europeans. Spain had 3 riders (Rubiera,
Noval, Martinez) on the TdF squad.

Keep in mind that the TdF is the only race to which a significant
number of Americans pay attention.

Discovery is all about winning, not nationalism. That is what will get
them the exposure in the European market which they are trying to
penetrate.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

On 9/1/06 10:31 PM, in article
[email protected], "Kurgan Gringioni"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> ST wrote:
>

>> ********........
>> That has been there philosophy. Many others will agree. You want to take a
>> few scenarios and just argue your point. If you would just accept your
>> sexuality maybe you will not be so offensive anymore.......

> Dumbass -
>

> Please refute the facts.
>
> I repeat: in the TdF, Hincapie was not a "team leader". Discovery
> didn't ride in
> support of any one person. Moreover, Hincapie was the lone American on
> the TdF team, the rest were Europeans. Spain had 3 riders (Rubiera,
> Noval, Martinez) on the TdF squad.
>
> Keep in mind that the TdF is the only race to which a significant
> number of Americans pay attention.
>
> Discovery is all about winning, not nationalism. That is what will get
> them the exposure in the European market which they are trying to
> penetrate.
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

What a headcase..........

USPS/Discovery
Most of their top riders they have acquired (for team leadership/protected
riders) have been American (most!!!!)

They WANT their top rider to be an AMERICAN!
Argue all you want............ Most people can see the plan.

ST wrote:

> What a headcase..........
>
> USPS/Discovery
> Most of their top riders they have acquired (for team leadership/protected
> riders) have been American (most!!!!)
>
> They WANT their top rider to be an AMERICAN!
> Argue all you want............ Most people can see the plan.

Dumbass -

You're not refuting the facts.

The DS of Discovery is Johan Bruyneel, a Belgian. He is selected
because of his competence. There are plenty of Americans who could do
that job, but none who can do it as well. Discovery is about winning,
not nationalism. Exposure comes from winning.

Back in the day, 7-11 got exposure from having a purely American team,
but the exposure was due to novelty. There's nothing novel anymore
about that - the way a team proves valuable to its sponsor is by
winning.

>From cyclingnews.com, here's Discovery's 2006 roster:

José AZEVEDO 19.09.73 POR
Michael BARRY 18.12.75 CAN
Manuel BELTRAN MARTINEZ 28.05.71 ESP
Fumiyuki BEPPU 10.04.83 JPN
Volodymyr BILEKA 06.02.79 UKR
Janez BRAJKOVIC 18.12.83 SLO
Tom DANIELSON 13.03.78 USA
Stijn DEVOLDER 29.08.79 BEL
Viatcheslav EKIMOV 04.02.66 RUS
Vladimir GOUSSEV 04.07.82 RUS Team CSC
Roger HAMMOND 30.01.74 GBR
George HINCAPIE 29.06.73 USA
Leif HOSTE 17.07.77 BEL
Benoît JOACHIM 14.01.76 LUX
Trent LOWE 08.10.84 AUS
Egoi MARTINEZ DE ESTEBAN 15.05.78 ESP
Jason MCCARTNEY 03.09.73 USA
Guennadi MIKHAILOV 08.02.74 RUS
Benjamin NOVAL GONZALEZ 23.01.79 ESP
Pavel PADRNOS 17.12.70 CZE
Yaroslav POPOVYCH 04.01.80 UKR
José Luis RUBIERA VIGIL 27.01.73 ESP
Paolo SAVOLDELLI 07.05.73 ITA
Jurgen VAN DEN BROECK 01.02.83 BEL
Jurgen VAN GOOLEN 28.11.80 BEL
Max VAN HEESWIJK 02.03.73 NED
Matthew WHITE 22.02.74 AUS

Three Americans out of 27 riders.

Basically you've got your head up your ass. Please refute the facts.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.