Too International Here at Home

.
> "Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Wasn't Vince talking about quarterpounders in Paris?
>
> Yes. I think the confusion comes from the fact that he talks about taking drugs in Holland (I
> think) and then makes the hamburger remark about a Parisian McDonalds. I might have it wrong, it
> has been a while.

yep, he was talking about paris. can't say for sure if that's what they're called. never been to a
mickey d's in gay pari' - what's the point?

In article <Xy3Ra.10915$u51.5490@fed1read05>, [email protected] says...
> Reading this group with posters and respondents from around the world awakened me to what's gone
> wrong in the US over the years: there's way too many Europeans living here and they've brought
> their deadly ugly spirits with them.

What, like Scotch? I beg to differ. I like it.

Rick

Lighten up Bubba - You're the ones that filled your country full of ****ers

Nick Burns <[email protected]> wrote:

> there, even in France. In England, the only place you can get an all beef burger is McDonalds and
> The Hard Rock Cafe. After I tried a Wimpy burger, I didn't dare try anything else but fish and
> chips and got out of the country as fast as I could on the first train. Even the pizza in England
> is terrible. I don't understand how a cyclist (or any other athlete) can stay healthy in England.
> ^^^^^^^person

One word: curry. My advisor was English and he cooked pretty good Indian food.

> The best food for bike racers is in Italy, no doubt. How is the food in the Holland and Belgium?

Bob Schwartz has a pretty awesome writeup about the Ronde and Allan Peiper's snail stand
somewhere. Ah, here:

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/cvccbikers/ronde/ronde.html

"Ed-D" <[email protected]> writes:

> "Geoff Willingston" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Ed-D" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > don't feed the trolls
> > >

> > Or at least, feed them Burger King. Did you know that in Europe, the "Quarter pounder with
> > cheese" is called something different? It's called the "Royale with cheese". My friend told me
> > this after visiting there.
> >

> So what do they call the whopper?

Le WhopAIR.

Soyez le bienvenue,

-Gerard

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:27:18 GMT, "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Even the pizza in England is terrible.

When I was in London I was walking past a Pizza Hut when the guy working there was yelling out the
fresh pies they'd just made. When he yelled "Tuna and Sweet Corn" I had to stop and ask him if he'd
really just said that. He said yes. I started walking faster.

Lindsay
"One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."

P.J. O'Rourke

"Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote:

>The Italians have a hard time with anyone else's food. I think it is understandable when you grow
>up with food like they have.

Northern Italians find themselves well with Central European cooking. Ossobuco and Zampone aren't
that far from the kind of dishes that you can eat in Germany, France or BeNeLux.