Too much bling for commuting?

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 07:41:31 GMT, TimC wrote:

> Nope. Only "warranty void if seal removed".

It's when the seal starts to look like a walrus that you need to look at
trade in options.

Graeme

On 2006-03-14, Graeme Dods (aka Bruce)
> On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 07:41:31 GMT, TimC wrote:
>
>> Nope. Only "warranty void if seal removed".

> It's when the seal starts to look like a walrus that you need to look at
> trade in options.

Mmm, smells fishy.

--
TimC
C Code.

--
Frank
[email protected]
"Donga" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Travis:
> >Problem is, we're saving that anyway because I'm already commuting on the

so-called "Superlite".

> How bizarre! If you've got the dough, fsck it, who needs to justify? "I
> want it" works pretty well.
>
> Donga

When I was married I took the view a few times that "she'll be really p1ssed
off if I buy it, but she'll calm down and I'll still have it :)"...

Prolly contributed to me no longer being married :) :) :)

me

Plodder wrote:

> When I was married I took the view a few times that "she'll be really
> p1ssed off if I buy it, but she'll calm down and I'll still have it
> :)"...
>
> Prolly contributed to me no longer being married :) :) :)

You think? What if your spouse took that selfish attitude? My wife thinks I
should buy a new motorcycle before I retire. I'm thinking about it but this
one is only 11 years old and done 190,000 kms, and is running so sweet. :)

Theo

On 2006-03-14, Theo Bekkers (aka Bruce)
> You think? What if your spouse took that selfish attitude? My wife thinks I
> should buy a new motorcycle before I retire. I'm thinking about it but this
> one is only 11 years old and done 190,000 kms, and is running so sweet. :)

It's just worn in then, isn't it?

--
TimC
Save the whales. Feed the hungry. Free the software. --TimC

Theo Bekkers said:
You think? What if your spouse took that selfish attitude? My wife thinks I should buy a new motorcycle before I retire. I'm thinking about it but this one is only 11 years old and done 190,000 kms, and is running so sweet. :)
You must be one of the motorcyclists who rides legally! <rant> Unlike the f*cktard on his Ducati who overtook me going around a corner yesterday morning... on the right (I was turning right) whilst a car was also cornering next to me in the left hand lane. I pulled up next to him at the next set of lights (he'd beaten me to the light - what a hero) and asked him what the f*ck he thought he was doing... he shrugged me off. Made me angry and want to swerve all over the road like a good angry Aussie man. </rant>

Back on topic: you can never have too much bling! If you can afford/justify it and you think it's a good deal then go for it. It's better than driving!

Lotte

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 06:48:12 +0800, Plodder wrote:

> When I was married I took the view a few times that "she'll be really p1ssed
> off if I buy it, but she'll calm down and I'll still have it :)"...

It's easier to obtain forgiveness than permission. Apparently. I'm to
scared to test that one :)

Graeme

She will lose more on the depreciation of a brand new car in the first
day than a decent bike will cost!

Donga wrote:

> Graeme:
> >You're not married are you. :)

> Yes I am...to a wonderful woman who understands that if I'm happy, I'm
> nice.
>
> Donga

And if you're unhappy? You become very very poor?

Tam

LotteBum wrote:
> Theo Bekkers Wrote:
>> You think? What if your spouse took that selfish attitude? My wife
>> thinks I should buy a new motorcycle before I retire.

> You must be one of the motorcyclists who rides legally!

Possibly.

<rant> Unlike
> the f*cktard on his Ducati who overtook me going around a corner
> yesterday morning...

My brother, his wife, my son, his wife, all ride Ducatis.

> Back on topic: you can never have too much bling! If you can
> afford/justify it and you think it's a good deal then go for it. It's
> better than driving!

An Italian V-twin motorcycle with a pushrod engine designed in the '60s
doesn't have that much bling.

Theo

Theo Bekkers wrote:

> LotteBum wrote:
> > Theo Bekkers Wrote:
> >> You think? What if your spouse took that selfish attitude? My wife
> >> thinks I should buy a new motorcycle before I retire.

> > You must be one of the motorcyclists who rides legally!

> Possibly.
>
> <rant> Unlike
> > the f*cktard on his Ducati who overtook me going around a corner
> > yesterday morning...

> My brother, his wife, my son, his wife, all ride Ducatis.

Interesting anecdote. Maybe your brother/his wife/your son/his wife was
the fscktard who overtook Lotte.

> > Back on topic: you can never have too much bling! If you can
> > afford/justify it and you think it's a good deal then go for it. It's
> > better than driving!

> An Italian V-twin motorcycle with a pushrod engine designed in the '60s
> doesn't have that much bling.

Neither does LotteBum's bike. Retrograded just says it does so he feels
better about his Llewellyn ;-)

Tam

In aus.bicycle on Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:51:50 +0800
Theo Bekkers <[email protected]> wrote:
> My brother, his wife, my son, his wife, all ride Ducatis.

Ah, but I bet they are all those boring modern ones. Not a kickstart
in the bunch!

> An Italian V-twin motorcycle with a pushrod engine designed in the '60s
> doesn't have that much bling.

Heh. To your average elderly commuting Guzzi, bling is irrelevant.

Zebee

Tamyka Bell said:
Neither does LotteBum's bike. Retrograded just says it does so he feels
better about his Llewellyn ;-)
My bike... bling??? HAHAHAHA!!!

Lotte

Theo Bekkers wrote:
> Plodder wrote:
>

>>When I was married I took the view a few times that "she'll be really
>>p1ssed off if I buy it, but she'll calm down and I'll still have it
>>:)"...
>>
>>Prolly contributed to me no longer being married :) :) :)

> You think? What if your spouse took that selfish attitude? My wife thinks I
> should buy a new motorcycle before I retire. I'm thinking about it but this
> one is only 11 years old and done 190,000 kms, and is running so sweet. :)
>
> Theo

Stick to cycling Theo, your body will thank you for it in the years to come.

Theo Bekkers wrote:
> LotteBum wrote:
>
>>Theo Bekkers Wrote:
>>
>>>You think? What if your spouse took that selfish attitude? My wife
>>>thinks I should buy a new motorcycle before I retire.

>>You must be one of the motorcyclists who rides legally!

> Possibly.
>
> <rant> Unlike
>
>>the f*cktard on his Ducati who overtook me going around a corner
>>yesterday morning...

> My brother, his wife, my son, his wife, all ride Ducatis.
>

>>Back on topic: you can never have too much bling! If you can
>>afford/justify it and you think it's a good deal then go for it. It's
>>better than driving!

> An Italian V-twin motorcycle with a pushrod engine designed in the '60s
> doesn't have that much bling.
>
> Theo

Real Ducatis don't have pushrods, they have either bevel drive or belt
drive.

Donga said:
TimC:
>And if not, then the axe... Nah...

Nothing so crass as violence - just sook around for quite a while and
deny her what she really wants!

Donga

so you blame your wife for your emotional wellbeing?

On 16/03/06 at 11:51:25 Friday somehow managed to type:
<snip>

> Real Ducatis don't have pushrods, they have either bevel drive or
> belt drive.

REAL Ducatis don't have belt drives either...:)
Nor do they have Japanese electrics...:-(

--
Humbug aka VK3ZMF
BE A LOOF! (There has been a recent population explosion of lerts.)

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
> Theo Bekkers <[email protected]> wrote:

>> My brother, his wife, my son, his wife, all ride Ducatis.

> Ah, but I bet they are all those boring modern ones. Not a kickstart
> in the bunch!

One is a 750 Sport, the original, single seater. :)

My brother has a 916, a 900SS (the original, bought it new in 1976), a
Dharma, and an 860. His wife has a 900 Monster.

So yes, a couple of kickstarters.

Theo

Friday wrote:
> Theo Bekkers wrote:

>> An Italian V-twin motorcycle with a pushrod engine designed in the
>> '60s doesn't have that much bling.

> Real Ducatis don't have pushrods,

Real Guzzis do.

Theo