Toto: Italian for Fred?

slice2

Guest
what's the deal with Salvatore Commesso's seat pack? I don't think I've ever
seen one in a pro race, but of course our local masters races will have a
few guys with fully loaded seat packs and camelbacks for a 40 minute crit...

"Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:48:04 GMT, slice2 wrote:
> > what's the deal with Salvatore Commesso's seat pack?

> Radio.

Part of the electronic shifting system, according to Michel Wuyts. But you
could be right, as they asked the question and read some incoming e-mails
about it.

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:48:04 GMT, "slice2" <[email protected]> wrote:

>what's the deal with Salvatore Commesso's seat pack? I don't think I've ever
>seen one in a pro race, but of course our local masters races will have a
>few guys with fully loaded seat packs and camelbacks for a 40 minute crit...

I think it's a radio transmitter to send his biometric data (heart
rate, speed, wattage) to a receiver someplace. The folks at SRM put
it up online for all to see live during the course of the stage -->
http://www.livebiodata.de/ARD/EN/index.html

They did this last year with Voigt and a few other riders, and I did
notice that Commesso had a SRM box on his handlebars in yesterday's
stage.

J. Spaceman