Touching the Void DVD Release 6/15

Shawn Curry

Guest
This movie was discussed here a few months back. Thought
some of you may be interested.

Shawn

Shawn Curry wrote:

> This movie was discussed here a few months back. Thought
> some of you may be interested.
>
> Shawn

Cool... thx!

--
Slakcer

Shawn Curry wrote:
> This movie was discussed here a few months back. Thought
> some of you may be interested.
>
> Shawn

yes. I am really annoyed that it bypassed the theatres in
this neck of the woods.

Penny

On Sat, 29 May 2004 16:00:22 -0600, Shawn Curry wrote:

> This movie was discussed here a few months back. Thought
> some of you may be interested.

When I first saw that advertised at the cinema near my uni,
me and my mate couldnt stop laughing at the title. Or is
that because we are so immature ;)

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

Matthew Paterson wrote:

> On Sat, 29 May 2004 16:00:22 -0600, Shawn Curry wrote:
>

>>This movie was discussed here a few months back. Thought
>>some of you may be interested.
>

> When I first saw that advertised at the cinema near my
> uni, me and my mate couldnt stop laughing at the title. Or
> is that because we are so immature ;)

Would mean something totally different if it were a George
Carlin movie, wouldn't it?

Shawn

Shawn Curry wrote:
> Matthew Paterson wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 29 May 2004 16:00:22 -0600, Shawn Curry wrote:
>>

>>> This movie was discussed here a few months back. Thought
>>> some of you may be interested.
>>

>> When I first saw that advertised at the cinema near my
>> uni, me and my mate couldnt stop laughing at the title.
>> Or is that because we are so immature ;)
>>
> Would mean something totally different if it were a George
> Carlin movie, wouldn't it?
>
> Shawn

I can't to see it. What ever it is, it will surely beat the
heck out of "everest X-treme" or whatever that last idiotic
Hollywood climbing fim was.

penny

> I can't to see it. What ever it is, it will surely beat
> the heck out of "everest X-treme" or whatever that last
> idiotic Hollywood climbing fim was.
>
> penny

I just rented that Imax Everest movie the other weekend,
was very disappointed. There was some cool shots, but it
lacked so much. I'm glad I didn't spend the $9 to see it at
the theater.

Although I do have to mention, that Spanish climbing chick
in that movie had one of most beautiful bodies I've ever
seen. Her legs were a study perfection. That alone was
worth the $3.

--
Slacker

Slacker wrote:
>> I can't to see it. What ever it is, it will surely beat
>> the heck out of "everest X-treme" or whatever that last
>> idiotic Hollywood climbing fim was.
>>
>> penny
>>

> I just rented that Imax Everest movie the other weekend,
> was very disappointed. There was some cool shots, but it
> lacked so much. I'm glad I didn't spend the $9 to see it
> at the theater.

The Imax version of the Everest story was OK. I went to the
premiere here and Tengay Norzing's (sp?) son gave a great
intro and slide show. I'm thinking of some fictional thing
that came out of few years ago, after the Everest disaster
that involved rockets in a backpack, some cocaine and your
other usual hollywood climbing silliness. I am drawing such
a total blank on the name I can't even google the thing. All
I know is that like all Hollywood ( not IMAX made) climbing
movies, it had the mountaineer types at my house rolling on
the floor with it's inaccuracies and general silliness.

> Although I do have to mention, that Spanish climbing chick
> in that movie had one of most beautiful bodies I've ever
> seen. Her legs were a study perfection. That alone was
> worth the $3.

heh.

Penny

pas wrote:
> Slacker wrote:
>>> I can't to see it. What ever it is, it will surely beat
>>> the heck out of "everest X-treme" or whatever that last
>>> idiotic Hollywood climbing fim was.

Vertical Limit, that's the name of that thing. what a joke.

penny